Wedding Party

I need bridesmaid dress HELP!

I have 8 bridesmaids and had picked out dresses from J Crew.  One of my bridesmaids will be one month post-partum and another bridesmaid is trying to get pregnant rignt now.  She has no idea how far along she will be or what size she will be at my wedding in 9 months.  The dresses I chose from J Crew are on clearance and won't be around long enough for her to wait a few months to get.  Any suggestions? I really love the dresses, but don't want to screw over my pregnant bridesmaids!

Re: I need bridesmaid dress HELP!

• mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2009
    Let them get maternity dresses or regular dresses off the rack, in a color similar to the J. Crew dresses.

Or let them get off the rack dresses in your other wedding color or black.

And babylizz has a good point ... look on eBay and see if they can find the dresses there, so that they can pick up an extra for cheap. If nothing else, for extra material ... a seamstress can cut it up and use it to put in a belly panel if needed. A corset back might also be added to the dress if adjustments are needed.
  • How cheap are the dresses? My sis(a BM) was pregnant when my chosen dress went on clearance and started to sell out. The dresses were only $50 so she wound up ordering two of the dresses, one in her pre-pregnancy size and one a size larger than that in case she had trouble losing the baby weight. 

For the one who wants to get pregnant, how much baby belly could the dress handle (slim-cut, A-line)? She could always order a very large size and have it taken in to fit right before the wedding. (Just have her try it on with a basketball where the baby bump will beLaughing)
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Does your pregnant bm have to buy a Jcrew dress? If not, then she could just get a similar dress and stand up at the altar. 
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • I was recently in a wedding and my best friend was as well.  When we went to get dresses she was "planning" on being pregnant when the wedding occured so she purchased a much larger dress and had it taken in a week before the wedding to adjust for her pregnancy weight gain, it worked out great.  She is now going to be in my wedding in July and it will be three months since giving birth to her little one, we are getting her a dress again larger then pre baby to adjust for possible baby fat and chest size due to breast feeding.  We think it will work out perfectly once again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards