Wedding Party

Gifts

I got my bridesmaids jewelry to wear for the wedding. I also wanted to get something else to go with it. I was thinkign about maye a picture frame with their name on it so they can put a picture of the wedding or another picture in it. What do you think? If you have any other ideas let me know. I got my flower girl a bracelet to wear for the wedding. Does anyone else have any other ideas as to what else to get my flower girl?

Re: Gifts

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    Jewelry for them to wear in the wedding is not a gift for them. That is a gift for you. Take your wedding out of the equation and shop like you would for their birthday or Christmas. Their gifts do not have to be the same and should not be related to your wedding in any way. Ask your flower girl's parents what kinds of things she is into, and shop for her accordingly as well.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • They are cute, but they are still a gift for the bride because they are for her wedding.

Does the flower girl like Disney Princesses?  I would totally get her a doll and some outfits for the doll if she does.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Well, we looked at gifts today, and to be honest I agree with the other posters. All these wedding websites push flasks, alcohol this, cuff links, money clips. I mean, who is actually going to use cuff links?
    Another gift I don't like for especially younger bridal parties is pocketwatches. It would be cute if the year were 1913- but it isn't.
    What we decided to do was buy each of them something that they would like. For example, our best man is an avid gun collector and is relatively tech savvy, so we decided on this:
    http://www.amazon.com/HDE%C2%AE-Black-Uzi-Flashdrive-4GB/dp/B00852MQCA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1MAFKARSNOQLO&coliid=I21E6O1BZIT5V8
    Maybe not the exact one, but there are several like it- and, it's unique.
    For our groomsmen, we decided on a New England Patriot's watch for my fiance's brother Jonathan, who is a HUGE fan. We're thinking about something Star Wars related for Scott, and then as far as Steve we're at a loss. Probably a gift card to Game Stop or something.
    For our bridesmaids, I'm putting together "Day of" bags that they can not only use on the wedding day, but in the future. Bobby pins, hair brushes, tissues, bottled water, probably the 2 for 5 cute flip flops at Old Navy, Moisturizer, whatever, facial masks to be given prior to the wedding, and then probably something meaningful the day of tailored to each bridesmaid.
    And if you decide to do "Day of" bags, don't waste your money on the ones pushed by bridal outlets. You can get 3 packs of canvas bags and decorate them yourself from Walmart for like $7.00, and if you put their names instead of "bridesmaid" they'll be more personal and will be able to use them longer. And really, the bags don't have to match your wedding colors- ours are neon pink, blue, and green, and I plan on ironing on their names with patches from Michaels in like, black sequin lettering. (Our wedding colors, btw, are black, red, and white- we're doing a WWE theme because we met at a Wrestlemania party.)
    Anyway, hope this helps! Wedding planning can be so much fun if you just think outside the box! I'm having a great time with it. Cool
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Everyone has already answered the question. Think of each bridesmaid as an individual.

I still can't get over the picture frame with their name on it thing, though.

I don't want to sound mean, but what grown woman would want to display a picture in a frame that says "Katie" or "Best Friends Forever" or "Bridesmaid" on it? Or anything with their name on it?
  • I know jewelry for the wedding is should not be the bridesmaids' gift and I'm definitely planning on getting mine something individual and personal when the time comes but what's so funny is that I've been a bridesmaid 4 times and every single time my gift has been jewelry for the wedding.  lol  I come from a very small town where everyone does everything the same (which I hate...and which is why I moved away and am getting married elsewhere) and I think that's just the "tradition" there.  Craziness!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_gifts-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:dda94b26-41e0-4eff-995d-667fcb5f3622Post:2ecd5b84-9c33-40b3-baff-a083c4bfe8bb">Re: Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's the problem.  Someone does that, and their friends follow along like lemmings.  "Oh, Julie gave us the jewelry we wore as bridesmaids, so I'll do that, too......" That was the tradition in my small town, too, sad to say..... I do have a nice pearl necklace and a pair of earrings from two weddings I was in that I still wear, though.  The "pearls" are on a string that looks invisible.  Kind of cool to wear, and I always get comments on it.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

I thought this was the way to go too, so when I first got engaged I bought my BP pearl earrings to wear for the wedding. I'll still give them to them because I think they'll use them down the road, but I also got them other stuff that's more catered to their personal tastes.

I love picture frames and tote bags, but one can only have so many of both! As PPs have said, think of something you'd get them for their birthdays.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_gifts-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:dda94b26-41e0-4eff-995d-667fcb5f3622Post:eb24dc96-ae55-45a8-bb3b-d1d979e6dfb9">Re: Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]The groomsmen's gifts are great.

Your bridesmaid's gifts are LOUSY.   Nobody wants to walk around with a bag with SUSAN on it in big, childish rhinestones. "DAY OF BAGS" are terrible gifts because (1) they're for the wedding, and therefore not a treat for them, and (2) who wants to get bobby bins, chapstick and tissues for a present?????
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

took the words out of my mouth. 
  • You could do really pretty bows or rompers as a gift. Etsy has tons of them. I use Zorah & Co. She hand makes them and you can tell her what you want. Rompers are really popular right now as well. :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards