Wedding Party

Bridal Party Gifts?

I was planning on getting my bridesmaids big beach bags with a single letter monogram in their favorite color, then matching earrings and necklaces to wear on the wedding day. Is that enough? Does it need to be more personal?

Re: Bridal Party Gifts?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridal-party-gifts-25?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:e28ab8b7-149d-42f5-8caf-6306a7de02a1Post:98308aab-9e70-4cab-a97a-096bb030aa8a">Bridal Party Gifts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was planning on getting my bridesmaids big beach bags with a single letter monogram in their favorite color, then matching earrings and necklaces to wear on the wedding day. Is that enough? Does it need to be more personal?
    Posted by ashleyduh17[/QUOTE]

The jewelry isn't a gift to them any more than their bouquets would be.  As for the bag, do they go to the beach?  Do they use monogrammed stuff?  In short, is it something you'd be happy to give them for their birthday or Christmas?  If not, keep looking.  They don't all have to get the same thing.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • There are two rules when shopping for wedding party gifts.

1) If it makes you (or your pictures) look good, it's not a gift.
    2) Don't buy them something they won't use the day after the party (this includes anything with the "role" on it).

Remember them, and you'll do great!

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • I would make the gifts personal. Would each girl truly like a beach bag with her first initial on it? If not, don't give her that. Is the jewelery something that is of her own personal taste and something she'd wear outside your wedding? If not, it really isn't a gift for her.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • emeejeeayenemeejeeayen member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    IE, nipple piercings = good gift; necklaces = bad gifts. :P

ETA: unless their nipples will be out at the wedding in which case nipple piercings are also bad gifts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • I got mine customized hand-painted wine glasses and coffee mugs a girl on Etsy made for me. I sent her pictures of each girl and some details about them (hobbies, pets, etc) and she did a beautiful job. If you want her information, send me a PM. She did a wonderful job and I think she can pretty much paint on any glass or ceramic surface.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Since BMs are supposed to be very close to you, you could look into doing something with a picture of you and each individual BM. For example, if you have a cute picture of you and a BM from some time that you guys were doing something together, and she likes to drink coffee, you could get her a coffee mug with the picture printed on or in it (they make some coffee thermoses that you can slide a picture into a clear cover on it). Then say if another girl does use a tote bag a lot, you could get a picture of you and her and get it printed on a tote. Try thinking about doing stuff like that. Try and make the BM gifts something useful and personal to each girl. If they use totes, then totes in their favorite colors are fine. Or if they like bath robes, towels, or make up bags you could try monogramming those. My sister was just in a wedding and all of the BMs got pink fuzzy robes with their first intials. It's all about personalization and what use they will get out of it after the wedding.
  • Ashley... Check your private messages. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Do some people actually comment on everyones posts...is this all they do in life??? Sort of sad.
    I apologize if I broke the rules. I hadn't taken the time to read the rules. I accept responsibility and it wont happen again.
    I find it very sad that some people responding are so very negative in their feedback. Wonder if they had a bad wedding, or no wedding.
  • Tons of cute unique gift ideas! check out http://www.etsy.com/shop/moonstonecreation. it is such a cute shop with tons of handstamped jewelry, bottle openers, military related jewelry, keychains, cufflinks, etc... Makes great wedding gifts for bridesmaids & groomsmen. I really like bottle opener key chain that says "eat, drink, and be married!" for the groomsmen and a handstamped necklace for the BMs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards