Texas-San Antonio
Options

SA area photographers?

Hi ladies,

I'm being married next March at my family's ranch near Floresville, so I am looking at photographers in the San Antonio area. It feels like I've looked at every single vendor listed on theknot.com and can't seem to find interest in any of them. Can anyone recommend a photographer who can take pictures of my actual wedding ceremony and reception?

I like the artsy jewelry, shoes, and getting done up shots, but it seems like most of the photographers don't have pictures of the most important part of the day!! Help, please!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: SA area photographers?

• Options
    geminagigeminagi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you already checked these out?
    Bold Imagery by Jason Connel
    http://www.jasonconnel.com/#/special/splash/
    Raw Images Photography
    http://www.rawimagesphotography.com/
    Photographically Ever After
    http://pea-info.com/
    There are a few more. But these are the main artistic and photo-journalistic in style. My guess is that is what you are looking for. You want to see your day as it happens not posed, but without overlooking the details either.
    Oh, Bend the Light is another.
    http://www.bendthelight.com/
    Have you sat down with any photographers. That helps the most during the decision making process. Websites and profile pages show the glitz. Ask to see examples of full weddings so you can be certain the can capture it. Such as a full wedding album or even see if they would be willing to show you a full wedding gallery so you know what to expect. Did you already decide on a budget. That can also be a big factor. The good ones are snagged pretty quickly.
    I hope this helps and update us on your decision. (if any other come to mind I will post)
  • Options
    DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Use SanAntonioWeddings.com
    They have tons of vendors listed and there's another bridal show coming up in June so you could go see some of their full albums in person. :)
  • Options
    KatandDan12KatandDan12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you both *so* much! Great advice and I feel so much more relaxed. I will definitely be going to that show and will see the full albums so I can make a choice.

Thank you!! Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    TTiger03TTiger03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Juan and Nancy Ibarra from Moving Pictures of SA.  

I also hear great things about Caitlin's Creations.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Elan Imaging.  The photographers name is Teresa and her website is elanimaging.com.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Caitlin's Creations, just booked her yesterday for our outdoor ceremony and indoor reception.  Check her out.  We saw complete photos of several outdoor weddings she has done, and were blown away.  She loves to shoot outside.  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    geminagigeminagi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most photographers love to shoot outdoors. Typically perfect lighting. A good photographer can switch between the two seamlessly...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked Faces by Jessica! From looking at her portfolio, she seems to get it all! And her wedding albums (you can see them when you set up an appointment) are awesome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd highly recommend Abbey Henderson Photography.
    She took our engagement pictures and was very professional and nice, plus she has tons of pictures on her website of what her wedding day photos look like, so you'll definitely be able to get a feel for what her photography tends to look like(Obviously it varies by what the couple likes)
    Plus she's reasonable on her pricing and even does custom packages.

Anyways, I hope this helps! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KatandDan12KatandDan12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These are all great suggestions. THank you so much everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just booked Kristen Blue at BlueFire Photo.... I also have a march wedding and her prices are fantastic. $800 for 4 hrs plus the dvd and right to the photos.... she is by far the best value in San Antonio.... and her pictures are amazing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards