Wedding Party

Bridal Party-All Female

My groom refuses to have groomsmen for our wedding and I have a host for friends I want to be bridesmaids.   Is it a bad idea to have an all female bridal with the exception of my fiance and his bestman.

Re: Bridal Party-All Female

• Why would it be a bad idea?
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • You get to pick your side and he gets to pick his. So you yeah, your in the clear with having a lot of girls if you want. 
  • It might be a little unconventional, but that doesn't mean it's bad.  Do what works for you. 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • He keeps telling me that the most important thing is that he's  marrying me and  not everyone else.  That he won't be focused on anyone but me.   I want him to be involved as this is OUR wedding and not MY wedding.   I also don't want to be a Bridezilla.

I was considering cutting the entire ideas of having a bridal party, which would be disappointing but i don't want to fight about it.. i just want it to be memorable,
  • Why do you think this would make you a bridezilla? Why would you cut your friends out of the bridal party just because things aren't even or gender-balanced? Why do you think there'd be a fight?

Both of you should include who you want, and not worry about matching things up or keeping things balanced. Your guests don't care about that. They're there to see you get married and celebrate with you afterward ... and your friends are there to support you.

Your solution is fine ... you have the women you want, and your FI has his Best Man, and it'll all be fine. What's the issue here? Your plan is perfect.
  • I think there's a problem with your thought process here. Just because he has one guy standing on his side doesn't mean it has any effect on yours.

Ask the people that you want to stand next to you while you're getting married. Forget symmetry, convention, photos, etc. and just have the people you want standing next to you.

Can you explain a little further why you want to abandon the idea of a wedding party when it obviously means a lot to you?
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's not bridezilla behaviour to have a WP.  It would be bridezilla to, say, tell him he has to cut someone to even out the sides. But that's not what's going on here by a long shot.

He can opt out of the WP on his side, but that doesn't mean you have to opt out on your WP, particularly since it's so important to you.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • No. You pick your side, he picks his side. Plain and simple. Uneven wedding parties are perfectly fine.
  • I don't understand why you wouldn't have bridesmaids when it's clearly important to you just because your FI doesn't want groomsmen.  Have them.  Your sides will be uneven - so what?
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • It's fine to have BMs when he only has his BM.  I went to a wedding that was done just the opposite way and it was just fine.
  • For the same reasons you advised me to forget about. Pictures, Asymetrical etc.

Thank you for the feedback.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridal-party-female?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:f356c5f8-e1b2-45a3-94ef-4ef2079eedc5Post:3548a23a-5413-47df-937d-793422c55074">Re: Bridal Party-All Female</a>:
    [QUOTE]For the same reasons you advised me to forget about. Pictures, Asymetrical etc. Thank you for the feedback.
    Posted by speciallady4204[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? Are you responding to something here?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridal-party-female?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:f356c5f8-e1b2-45a3-94ef-4ef2079eedc5Post:aff42f75-0ab6-433a-9e68-abbe5589a2ad">Re: Bridal Party-All Female</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bridal Party-All Female : What do you mean? Are you responding to something here?
    Posted by Manwaithiel[/QUOTE]
    I think she was responding to Brooke.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards