Texas-San Antonio
Options

Wedding Nighmares!

Hi everybody, I was just wondering if anyone else has had nightmares about their weddings?  I can't seem to shake mine, I have them almost every night.  They usually have to do with not having my dress, or decorations, or my parents don't show up.   Anybody wanna share their stories and reassure me that I'm not going crazy?

Re: Wedding Nighmares!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes! it's very normal. :o) I got them a lot when I was around where you are in the planning. Then they stopped for a little while, and now that I'm getting closer they're starting again.  When I first started having them they were always about the things I hadn't figured out yet. The venue was right since I had already put the deposit down, but everything else was always a mess. I hadn't gotten my dress in yet, or booked my hair lady, or gotten the BM dresses, so almost every dream involved me in the wrong dress, not having anyone to do my hair and just realizing it an hour before, and the BM showing up in absolutely hideous dresses.  Now that I have all of that booked, I'm dreaming about all the little things that I haven't done, like all of the decorations and the time line - most dreams I don't show up to the venue until about 5 min before the ceremony

So yea, I'm right there with you.  I just sorta figure it's my brain telling me to get all of these things done. Not that I enjoy having them, but they always give my mom and I a good laugh when we share all of the horrible things that happen in our dreams (yes, she's been getting them too, hehe).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL that's so funny.  My dreams are the same, I always have them about things I still have to do or things that I've done and not sure if I did the way I want them.  Phew, thanks for sharing, I feel alot less llike a weirdo now lol.  BTW your pictures look beautiful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have nightmares about the wedding I had in July...twice a week.

Not because things went wrong but because some of my vendors had bad intentions towards me and I feel went out of their way to do things wrong.  I was yelled at and blatantly lied to by my event company - even while they were ripping me off royally - and then, they just did everything wrong.   If it had not been for them, my wedding would have been all family, peace and love.  But, instead, it was drama.  And, it hurt that out of nowhere there were people who I was paying to make my day come out nicely who judged, criticized, underminded, lied, threw tantrums, condescended, just plain didn't perform, were lazy and did a crappy half-hearted job, and outright didn't do many of the things we discussed and agreed to. 

I spent the last 45 minutes pleading with the event company DJ to explain to me why his father thought it was ok to treat me or anyone like that?  Of all things, on their wedding day?  Why lie about things not being available?   Why change the crystal flower vases out from the ones I specifically brought you a picture of after you asked if you could change them out and I said no?  Why not deliver the flowers as planned to the ceremony without me having to call from the church?  Why would the DJ sing me a horrible song after he asked me if he could and I blatantly said no.  I firmly said no.  Why?  I had first-class music in every other way. 

It is now December and I still wake up crying about it.  I'm alot better now.  In August, my immune system went kaput because I was so upset about it.  And I was always in the urgent care clinic.  I decided not to pursue legal action so far because I thought that focusing on it would just make me sadder and aggravate my health issues.  But, it turns out that not taking a stand about it made everything worse.  I have no resolution - no closure.  I just fee betrayed and scammed by some people in my beloved hometown. 

I tried to think it wasn't intentional.  But negligence and not writing things down and not keeping track of what we agreed to is just as bad as intentionally coming in to my wedding and changing the theme from lace to lasers.  And I just find it difficult to believe that someone could be that negligent and then, of course, there's the lie I caught them in...in writing of all things.

If I write a bad review, is that really enough?  If I pour my heart out, will it set things right?  Will it give me my wedding day back?  Will it give me the peace I should have had on my wedding day?  Will it make me wake up the next day happy?  Will it erase the fact that my bouquet had brown crusted petals on it...and that it wasn't the bouquet we finally agreed to but some weird hybrid of things we had previously discussed? 

I'm so angry.  What recourse do I have?  What recourse do we brides have on this wretched bridal industry of overpriced, incompetent, scam artists who prounce around with proud crooked smiles - hugging us and our parents when they take our checks and forgetting our names as soon as the deposit clears?  I've had enough.  My sister is not going through what I went through.

The Knot:  I hope you're reading this.  I wish you would change your board format so that people could write reviews vendor by vendor and they would stay on here forever.  What's the harm?  If you're serving brides, that's what we need.  Not a board that expires after a few months.  How do I know the horrors of last year's brides?

No bride should be having nightmares about her wedding 5 months after her wedding day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards