Wedding Party

Silver, Gold, or colored shoes?!!!!

I'm having crazy delimmas over the color of shoes my bridesmaids should wear! My guys will be in chocolate with chocolate shoes and my girls will be in a gorgeous purple/fuschia dress. I feel like if I use silver or gold then I'm obligated to use those accents throughout my wedding! I know i have color issues! Any advice?!
Miss Newly Engaged, Ciera Dawn

Re: Silver, Gold, or colored shoes?!!!!

• Nude-colored shoes?  Maybe?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Quick question: What color shoes did the bridesmaids wear at the last five weddings you attended?

It doesn't matter what shoes they wear.  Just ask them to wear whatever shoes they'd wear if they were to wear the same dress to a party.  If you're worried that someone might choose something totally inappropriate, ask them to run them by you for approval before they choose/buy.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_silver-gold-or-colored-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:f4b4d2e7-5b5f-4da7-9402-044458566aa6Post:41fa260b-04f8-4c87-bc31-ac90bac168c2">Re: Silver, Gold, or colored shoes?!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Quick question: What color shoes did the bridesmaids wear at the last five weddings you attended?</strong> It doesn't matter what shoes they wear.  Just ask them to wear whatever shoes they'd wear if they were to wear the same dress to a party.  If you're worried that someone might choose something totally inappropriate, ask them to run them by you for approval before they choose/buy.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

I think there's seriously something wrong with me that I'd actually be able to answer that question.  (But, on point, I'm in agreement that the shoes aren't a huge deal... I just... happen to notice footwear?  I guess?)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think silver, gold, or nude (as a PP suggested) would all look good. I would probably just tell my BMs to wear any shoe that they like that goes with the dress and that they are comfortable in. Having someone in silver shoes doesn't mean you need to use silver throughout your wedding. A BM's shoes is SUCH a small detail, most people won't even notice.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Thanks ladies! We decided to go with a light gold shimmering shoe from DSW
    Miss Newly Engaged, Ciera Dawn
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards