Wedding Party
Options

Pictures of wedding for WP

How do you go about asking the WP & the families if they want any copies of pics from the wedding? If someone wants some, should we pay for it? or should they? Did anybody else have WP members that expressed interest in ordering pics? I know my MOH is going to want one of me and her and my mom, because we are all really close. & I know my best friend is going to want one of me and her. There are a bunch of other people also. So, how do we go about this?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Pictures of wedding for WP

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_pictures-of-wedding-for-wp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:fa9b4b01-b7bb-4137-8b39-51ad31ede6dePost:3087a257-b2f3-4f91-a4a5-4631db566752">Pictures of wedding for WP</a>:
    [QUOTE]How do you go about asking the WP & the families if they want any copies of pics from the wedding? If someone wants some, should we pay for it? or should they? Did anybody else have WP members that expressed interest in ordering pics? I know my MOH is going to want one of me and her and my mom, because we are all really close. & I know my best friend is going to want one of me and her. There are a bunch of other people also. So, how do we go about this?
    Posted by Sierra524[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>We went through all of pics and printed out the family or couple shots and then included them in that person or couple's thank you card.  All told, maybe we printed 100 photos? Shutterfly charged 15 cents a print, so about $15 total out of our pocket for a gesture many people seemed to appreciate.   

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_pictures-of-wedding-for-wp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:fa9b4b01-b7bb-4137-8b39-51ad31ede6dePost:a8cbf92d-b7d7-449f-8681-4c981c2191e4">Re: Pictures of wedding for WP</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Pictures of wedding for WP : We went through all of pics and printed out the family or couple shots and then included them in that person or couple's thank you card.  All told, maybe we printed 100 photos? Shutterfly charged 15 cents a print, so about $15 total out of our pocket for a gesture many people seemed to appreciate.   
    Posted by JoanE2012[/QUOTE]

How long did it take to get those pictures back? I hope you didn't make people wait several months for a thank you card (not saying you did, just trying to point out a potential issue with this idea). If you're sure people will want a certain photo, I think it's a nice gesture to purchase it for them. Some photographers will set up their site so guests can order too. I once ordered a picture of me and my then-bf on the dance floor at a friend's wedding. I wouldn't have expected her to gift that to me.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_pictures-of-wedding-for-wp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:fa9b4b01-b7bb-4137-8b39-51ad31ede6dePost:51c20939-8434-4be6-9106-60acfaac9afd">Re: Pictures of wedding for WP</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pictures of wedding for WP : How long did it take to get those pictures back? I hope you didn't make people wait several months for a thank you card (not saying you did, just trying to point out a potential issue with this idea). If you're sure people will want a certain photo, I think it's a nice gesture to purchase it for them. Some photographers will set up their site so guests can order too. I once ordered a picture of me and my then-bf on the dance floor at a friend's wedding. I wouldn't have expected her to gift that to me.
    Posted by cbrown828[/QUOTE]

<div>We had our discs of photos 2 weeks after our wedding.  We would've never done it if it was going to take months.  </div>
  • Options
    I just sent ours a link to the pics on our photographer's website. If they want them, they can order them.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I uploaded all of the pictures to a Shutterfly page and shared that link with anyone who asked.

Intially, we made Shutterfly photo books for our parents, and they flipped through and "requested" additional prints from those.
  • Options
    Kate61487Kate61487 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2013
    We made little business card sized inserts that we put in all the thank you notes that had the photographer's website and our event code so anyone could order photos they wanted.  My photographer gave me special pricing on my actual prints (I had digital rights to all photos, but he offered to edit and print any I wanted at a cheaper price) so I got a list from mom, MIL, and g-ma of any photos they wanted and included it in my order. 

My photog also got a lot of great pictures of our guests and I tried to post the best of each family/couple on FB so they at least knew it existed without looking through our 1000+ photos and included the link to his site there

ETA: as for "how to ask" obviously for some we just provided the info and left it to them, but I got the email with the link to our photos 2 days after the wedding while we were on our honeymoon.  I forwarded it to our parents and BP (and BP parents for the kids) pretty much immediately to let them know that they were up and if they wanted to order any they could do it from there or let me know.  Only our moms actually communicated with me about ordering them and that was because I had specifically told them about the discount.  If you really want to get some photos for them I'd just recommend letting them know "I'd love to buy everyone their favorite print or two, so let me know which ones you love!"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards