Interfaith Weddings
Options

handfasting help!

we want to do a handfasting for our wedding im wiccan he is agnostic and our family is catholic/ baptist/ methodist.... and they dont know were not christian. so i have been looking for wording for a handfasting that dosent inclued a lot of God & Goddess wording anyone have any ideas or know of a site where i can find something like this

Re: handfasting help!

• Options
    Hi.  I had a handfasting ceremony two years ago and although we wrote our own vows, I have a Word doc I could forward you with example vows if it'd help?  Or I can post them here if you like, it'd just be a large Post is all :-)
  • Options
    ktbear21ktbear21 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Ooh, I'm having a problem with that too! If you wouldn't mind posting it, I would love to see it. I know that our families will love it when they see it, but if I tell them ahead of time or try to cast a circle, etc they will lose their minds. Good thing we're jumping the broom at the end, that way it will be after they can object lol
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_interfaith-weddings_handfasting-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:396Discussion:97bfb502-9b20-4128-85c3-8371fbc2935ePost:ad36a059-b0b7-49db-b7a0-d72c0ba58b4a">Re:handfasting help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ooh, I'm having a problem with that too! If you wouldn't mind posting it, I would love to see it. I know that our families will love it when they see it, but if I tell them ahead of time or try to cast a circle, etc they will lose their minds. Good thing we're jumping the broom at the end, that way it will be after they can object lol
    Posted by ktbear21[/QUOTE]

<font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> Apologies for the delay, I forgot to Watch this thread.  Consider yourselves warned, this is a big posting!  Its made up of lots of vows rather than one 'script', so pick and mix or use it as inspiration for your own :-)

</font><h1 style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:center;" align="center"><u><span style="font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">EXAMPLES OF VOWS, STATEMENTS OF COMMITMENT, DECLARATIONS AND WEDDING PROMISES</font></span></u></h1><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:-18pt;tab-stops:list 18.0pt;" class="MsoNormal"><font color="#000000"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><span>1.<span style="font:7pt/normal 'Times New Roman';font-size-adjust:none;font-stretch:normal;">     </span></span></span><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;">I, (Name), promise to love and cherish you, (Name), for the rest of your life. </span></font></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">I will try to bring laughter to your life and make you happy. </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">I will consider you in the decisions I have to make, and value your opinions. </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Today I vow to be your wife for the rest of our lives.</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:-18pt;tab-stops:list 18.0pt;" class="MsoBodyText"><font color="#000000"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><span>2.<span style="font:7pt/normal 'Times New Roman';font-size-adjust:none;font-stretch:normal;">     </span></span></span><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;">Do you (Name), in the presence of your family and friends, take (Name), to be your wedded wife? Do you promise to love her, honour her and protect her, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health and forsaking all others, be faithful to her for as long as you both shall live?</span></font></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:-18pt;tab-stops:list 18.0pt;" class="MsoBodyTextIndent"><font color="#000000"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><span>3.<span style="font:7pt/normal 'Times New Roman';font-size-adjust:none;font-stretch:normal;">     </span></span></span><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;">(Name), do you aspire to love, honour and respect (Name) throughout the varying circumstances of your lives and to love him equally with your body, heart and mind?</span></font></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyTextIndent"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyTextIndent"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Do you pledge to honour (Name)’s integrity, respect his privacy and care for his wellbeing?</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyTextIndent"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyTextIndent"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Do you promise to consider (Name)’s needs in all your life decisions and ensure to the best of your ability that he is happy and content?</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyTextIndent"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyTextIndent"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Do you aspire to learn from your shared experiences, and to build from them a full and loving marriage based on trust, respect and equality?</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyTextIndent"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyTextIndent"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:-18pt;tab-stops:list 18.0pt;" class="MsoBodyText"><font color="#000000"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><span>4.<span style="font:7pt/normal 'Times New Roman';font-size-adjust:none;font-stretch:normal;">     </span></span></span><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;">(Name), will you take (Name) to be your wedded husband, best friend and soul mate? Do you acknowledge your love for him and will you respect his individuality? Will you try to bring him happiness and laughter throughout your life, whatever your future together may hold?</span></font></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyTextIndent"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyTextIndent"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:-18pt;tab-stops:list 18.0pt;" class="MsoBodyText"><font color="#000000"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><span>5.<span style="font:7pt/normal 'Times New Roman';font-size-adjust:none;font-stretch:normal;">     </span></span></span><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;">(Name) and (Name), will you seek, as mature people, to have a loving marriage, allowing it and each other to change and develop, supporting each other in happiness and sorrows, health and illness? </span></font></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">(We will)</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Will you seek to live together as equal and different individuals, and to recognise and accept each other’s strengths and weaknesses? </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">(We will)</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyTextIndent3"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Will you seek to trust the ebb and flow of your love, to offer your love without conditions, having faith that it will always return, and understanding that its nature may change? </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">(We will)</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Will you seek always to learn from your shared experiences, and to build from them a full and caring friendship based on trust and on respect? </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">(We will)</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyTextIndent"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:-18pt;tab-stops:list 18.0pt;" class="MsoNormal"><font color="#000000"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><span>6.<span style="font:7pt/normal 'Times New Roman';font-size-adjust:none;font-stretch:normal;">     </span></span></span><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;">Today I marry my friend,</span></font></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">The one I have laughed and cried with,</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">The one I have learned from and shared with,</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">The one I have chosen to support, encourage,</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">And give myself to, through all the days</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Given us to share.</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Today I marry the one I love. </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:-18pt;tab-stops:list 18.0pt;" class="MsoBodyText"><font color="#000000"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><span>7.<span style="font:7pt/normal 'Times New Roman';font-size-adjust:none;font-stretch:normal;">     </span></span></span><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;">Do you (Name) take (Name) as your one and only love and from this day forward promise to protect, cherish and honour her, during good times and bad, happiness and sadness, through all the days of your married life together?</span></font></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:-18pt;tab-stops:list 18.0pt;" class="MsoNormal"><font color="#000000"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><span>8.<span style="font:7pt/normal 'Times New Roman';font-size-adjust:none;font-stretch:normal;">     </span></span></span><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;">Do you, (Name), take (Name), to be your husband, partner in life and one true love? </span></font></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Will you cherish your friendship and love him today, tomorrow, and forever?</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Will you trust and honour him?</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Will you laugh and cry with him?</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Will you love him faithfully</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Through the best and the worst,</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Through the difficult and the easy?</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Whatever may come will you always be there for him?</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">And as you have given him your hand to hold</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Do you now give him your life to keep?”</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:-18pt;tab-stops:list 18.0pt;" class="MsoNormal"><font color="#000000"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><span>9.<span style="font:7pt/normal 'Times New Roman';font-size-adjust:none;font-stretch:normal;">     </span></span></span><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;">(Name), I join my life with yours today</span></font></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Without hesitation and with an open and trusting heart.</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Whatever we may encounter,</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Let us encounter it together.</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Take this ring and with it my commitment</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">To be the best wife/husband I can be</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:-18pt;tab-stops:list 18.0pt;"><font color="#000000"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><span>10.<span style="font:7pt/normal 'Times New Roman';font-size-adjust:none;font-stretch:normal;">  </span></span></span><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><span> </span>(Name), I promise to be your friend and partner, </span></font></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">and to walk beside you always; </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">to love you with all that I am as you love me; </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">to support, respect and share with you in all of life's decisions, </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">through joy and sadness, triumph and uncertainty, laughter and tears; </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">to have you in my life every day for as long as we live.</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;line-height:normal;text-indent:-18pt;tab-stops:list 18.0pt;" class="MsoBodyText2"><font color="#000000"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><span>11.<span style="font:7pt/normal 'Times New Roman';font-size-adjust:none;font-stretch:normal;">  </span></span></span><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><span> </span>I love you with all my heart and I promise to be by your side always – to share the joy and laughter as well as the peace and companionship of being together. I will be there to support you through both the good times and the bad times. I will be your partner, your lover, your best friend and your soul mate. You are my whole world and with you I am complete.</span></font></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyText"><em><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></em></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:-18pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">12. (Name) and (Name), do you aspire to love each other and to live together in a spirit of tolerance, mutual support and concern for each other’s well being, sharing your responsibilities, your problems and your joys?</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">(Yes we do)</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Do you aspire to help each other provide a loving and stable home for your children; to co-operate in bringing them up to be caring, honest and happy?</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">(Yes, we do)</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">13. Please repeat after me:</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">(Name), I promise to love you and to trust you; to be honest with you and to be faithful to you;</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">I promise to be a loving and supportive wife/husband to you; for as long as we both shall live.<span>  </span></font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">I give you this ring as a token of my enduring love and support.</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-indent:-18pt;" class="MsoBodyText3"><font color="#000000"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;font-style:normal;">14. (Name)</span><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;font-style:normal;">, will you have (Name) to be your wife/husband, to share your life with her, and do you pledge to love, honour and care for her/him in tenderness and affection through all the varying experiences of your life?</span></font></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:-18pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">(I do)</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:-18pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">15. (Name), do you promise to cherish and care for (Name) in sickness and in health, in hard times as well as good for as long as you both shall live?</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:-18pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 36pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:-18pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">(I do)</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 36pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:-18pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 36pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:-18pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:-18pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">16. (Name), do you have (Name) to be your husband, to share your life with him, to be honest and trusting, to communicate openly with him and do you promise that you will love, cherish and care for him with tenderness and affection all your life?</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:18pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">(I do)</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:18pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:18pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:-18pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">17. (Name), I acknowledge my love and respect for you. </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">You are my faithful partner in life; my one true love, my best friend.</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">I will miss you madly when you are far – and hold you close when you are near.</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">I will provide for your needs as best I can, and protect you from harm. </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">I promise to laugh with you – to cry with you.</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">I will reason with you when reason works, and laugh with you when reason doesn’t.</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">I will love you until the end of time and I give you this ring as a token of my love for you.</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="DefaultText"><span style="color:windowtext;font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;">18. Don't walk in front of me,</span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 17.85pt;text-align:justify;" class="DefaultText"><span style="color:windowtext;font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;">I may not follow.</span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 17.85pt;text-align:justify;" class="DefaultText"><span style="color:windowtext;font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;">Don't walk behind me,</span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 17.85pt;text-align:justify;" class="DefaultText"><span style="color:windowtext;font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;">I may not lead.</span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 17.85pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Walk beside me and be my friend.</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 17.85pt;text-align:justify;" class="DefaultText"><span style="color:windowtext;font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 17.85pt;text-align:justify;" class="DefaultText"><span style="color:windowtext;font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;">From this day forward,</span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 17.85pt;text-align:justify;" class="DefaultText"><span style="color:windowtext;font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;">You shall not walk alone.</span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 17.85pt;text-align:justify;" class="DefaultText"><span style="color:windowtext;font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;">My heart will be your shelter,</span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><h5 style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 17.85pt;text-align:justify;"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;"><font color="#000000">And my arms will be your home</font></span></h5><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:-18pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">19. <span>I, (Name), promise you, (Name), to be your best friend, to respect your individuality and always to try to understand any differences between us.<span>  </span>I promise to trust you, to be honest with you and to bring you laughter throughout your life. I now ask everyone to witness that I have taken you to be my husband.<span>  </span></span></font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:-18pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:-18pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:-18pt;" class="MsoBodyText"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">20. Will you (Name) take (Name) to be your partner for life, to love and look after her and bring her happiness and laughter throughout your lives, whatever the future may hold, sharing your wholeness, your brokenness, your success and your failures?</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyText"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyText"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:-18pt;" class="MsoBodyText"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">21. I, (Name), promise you, (Name), to love and cherish you always, in everything, and to stand beside you as your partner while we build our future and achieve our dreams together, to be your best friend, to respect your individuality and always to try to understand any differences between us. I promise to trust you, to be honest with you and to bring you laughter throughout your life. I now ask everyone to witness that I have asked you to be my partner.</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyText"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000"><span>  </span></font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyText"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Will you spend your life with me?</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyText"><u><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><span style="text-decoration:none;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></span></u></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyText"><font color="#000000"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;">(I will)</span><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"></span></font></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyText"><strong><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></strong></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:-18pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">22. I, (Name), promise you, (Name), to be your best friend, to respect your individuality and always to try to understand any differences between us. I promise to trust you, to be honest with you and to bring you laughter throughout your life. I promise to love and cherish you always, in everything, and to stand beside you as your partner while we build our future and achieve our dreams together. </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">I now ask everyone to witness that I will ask you to be my husband.<span>  </span>I will love you and look after you and I will keep you happy throughout your life.</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 36pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:-18pt;" class="MsoNormal"><font color="#000000"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;">Will you take me as your wife and spend your life with me?</span><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"></span></font></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">23. I give my love to you, and will be open to yours in return. </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">I will always try to bring you laughter and happiness throughout our lives,</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">But will always be there to give you a hug when you need one,</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">In the presence of our family and friends,</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">I promise to respect you, look after you, love and enjoy you.</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;text-indent:-18pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">24. Do you (Name) and (Name), promise to love, honour and support each other?</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">To have and to hold, to tickle and to squeeze?</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">And to continue to bring happiness and laughter into each others lives?</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Do you, today, vow to be wife and husband for the rest of your lives?</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 21.3pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 21.3pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">(we do)</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">25. (Name) please repeat after me: </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyText"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyText"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">I accept our strengths and weaknesses / and seek always to learn from our shared experiences / and to build from them a full and caring relationship / based on trust and on respect.</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyText"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyText"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">I promise to share my life with you / and be faithful to you.</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyText"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;">
    <font color="#000000"> I will be honest and open with you.</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyText"><strong><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;">
    <font color="#000000"> </font></span></strong><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">I will be there to listen to you, comfort you and support you.</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyText"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;">
    <font color="#000000"> I promise to share your joys and our responsibilities.</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyText"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;">
    <font color="#000000"> I give my love to you and will be open to your love in return. / I will respect and care for you / with tenderness and affection for all of my life, / whatever our future together may hold.</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoBodyText"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;">
    <font color="#000000"> All that I am and all that I have, / I offer to you (Name), in love and in joy. / In the presence of our family and friends I ask you (Name), / if you will be my friend, lover and companion throughout my life?</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">26. Do you love (Name) with all your heart and soul?</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Will you take (Name) as your wife?</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Will you continue to love her and share your life with her, the dark and the light?</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt 18pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font color="#000000">Will you look after her, support and encourage her in all ways and bring her happiness and laughter?</font></span></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0cm 0cm 0pt;text-align:justify;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';font-size:10pt;"><font face="Arial Unicode MS" size="3
  • Options
    Thankyou so much for the help!
  • Options
    No worries, have a great day :-)
  • Options
    Ok thought I would add a little of mine in too

You cannot possess me for I belong to myself.

But while we both wish it, I give you that which is mine to give. 

You cannot command me for I am a free person.

I pledge to you (name), that it will be your eyes into which I smile every morning. 

I pledge to you (name), my living and my dying, each equally in your care.

I shall be a shield for your back, and you for mine. 

I shall not lander you, nor you me.

I shall honor you above all others, and when we quarrel,

We shall do so in private and tell no strangers our grievances.

These are my wedding vows to you.

This is the marriage of equals.
    AND best of all

(Bride) (Groom), this cord symbolizes so much.  It is your life, your love, and the eternal connection that the two of you have found with one another.  The ties of this handfastening are not formed by these ribbons, or even by the knots connecting them.  They are formed instead by your vows, by your pledge, your souls, and your two hearts, now bound together as one. 

Hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards