Chinese Weddings

What to give your FUTURE husband as a wedding gift?

Im considering giving my FI a wedding gift before our big day. Is anyone going to do that or have you already done it, and if so what did you get him or what do you think is a good gift to give?

Re: What to give your FUTURE husband as a wedding gift?

• dreamincitrusdreamincitrus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got FI some cufflinks to wear for the big day that are longhorn shaped. He's a UT alumni and big Longhorn football fan. It's nothing too big, but it's something that means a lot to him.
  • ll2014ll2014 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depends on your budget - saving up for a nice watch
  • jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting FI a watch, too, since he's nixed the idea of a b-pic gift.
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • edited December 2011
    I thought about doing boudoir pictures...but ran out of time ;)  Lately, I've been thinking I still want to do them now for Christmas..
  • edited December 2011
    I am not sure if we are giving each other gifts.  I just gave him a very nice watch this year for his bday.  If I were to give him a gift, I'd pick boudoir pictures.   The only thing stopping me is the money and also kind of weird to have the photographer keep pictures of me like that. lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I was also thinking of cufflinks myself since its simple and wearable especially to work and on our big day. I wouldn't mind getting him a watch, but he has plenty and his taste is way more than affordable lol.. so I think I'm just gotta settle for the cufflinks. As for the pictures, I wouldn't mind doing that myself but body is kind of outta shape for the time being. haha so ill stick to the simple small gift! Thanks for the ideas..
  • edited December 2011
    There's a superficial saying that your never suppose to give your spouse a watch, just like the shoes thing, because the time will always be cut short for one another, so if you did get him a watch he gotta pay you back in return as if he gave you the money to go buy him the watch instead. its just like the shoe saying.
    but if you dont believe in such thing than there shouldn't be any worries. just a thought!
  • edited December 2011
    What about an IPAD?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards