Texas-San Antonio
Options

How much is too much for a wedding dress?

Hi all! I found my dress today, at Mayfair bridal. I knew what I wanted and I just wasn't finding it anywhere...I am a very budget minded girl, I dont spend money on labels and such so I wanted to go inexpensive on my dress, however, I spent a bit over my dress budget. My dress was $1043 it is a Maggie Sottero and it's exactly what I wanted but I feel kinda bad spending so much on my dress. Should I feel bad?! Is that about average cost? Thanks
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How much is too much for a wedding dress?

• Options
    ms1507ms1507 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am very budget concious bride myself and my budget for a dress was $1200 at the most, fortunatly I found the dress of my dreams for about $700. 

I don't think think that $1043 is too much for a dress but then again I don't really know what your original budget was either. 
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry I should have included that. My original budget was $1000 but I was sooo hoping I would find my dress way under that amount!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found a dress for about 750 at Mayfair, but I had the dress changed to what I wanted. They added a corset, and shortened the train, and it ended up being 1000 dollars after they were done. I think if you love it, then no other dress with compare. They sell Maggie Satoro dresses at a bridal shop in Rolling Oaks Mall, so you may price compare there, and if you still love it, then I would say it is up to you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sure thing... be sure to let us know what you choose! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know that if you find it cheaper in San Antonio Mayfair will price match it. From experience i found Mayfair to be the cheapest.  Maggie Sottero sets the prices for the bridal salons and if they don't abide by the prices that the factory gives them they can loose their contract to sell their dress, so they should all be the same. Also Mayfair has very reasonable alteration prices!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Mayfair as well.. you should price compare for your mind, but in the end Mayfair is where you want to go. My favorite perk??! They hold the wedding dress till you get married, so your groom can't peek at it. And alterations are promised to never cost more than 250.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies I went ahead and bought my Maggie dress from Mayfair and I love it!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!! Congrats and welcome to the Mayfair club!! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards