Chinese Weddings
Options

Mixed-ethnicity wedding: Cultural guidebooks needed

From the groom:
My Fiance (American Chinese/Cantonese) is way ahead in learning about my culture.  It is important to me that our marriage (post-wedding) be an even balance of both of our traditions, and I want to start learning more, now.  As I'm not new to this, I need something that goes deeper than lion dances, moon cakes, and why one shouldn't stand chopsticks upright in a bowl.

I have a book called "Good Luck Life," which I am reading through, but does anyone have other suggestions? Where can I find a guide that might cover topics like the practicalities of traditional inlaws, chinese sunday schools for kids, and navigating those "Chinese Cultural Organization" 's?

Re: Mixed-ethnicity wedding: Cultural guidebooks needed

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had no idea there is even a book!  I am white and FI is ABC.  Good luck and congratulations! 
  • Options
    BlueRose001BlueRose001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hey!

I am experiencing the same problem - I could really use some help and ideas on planning a mixed-ethnicity wedding. I'm just recently engaged, so I have plenty of time, but I know it will be a long journey.

If you get a chance, please check out this blog that I started to keep myself organized and generate discussion. Its mostly focused on Italian-Chinese weddings, but blending any two different cultures will have similar obstacles.

http://multicultural-bride2be.blogspot.com/

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards