Chinese Weddings

Parents and everyone else needing to pick the PERFECT wedding date...

My fiance and I have been engaged for a month now, and our parents are still seeking the perfect, best, lucky, etc. wedding date. We keep going back and forth, I swear we are on round 952 right now with this. It is driving my fiance and me insane. I'm feel less and less optimistic about the wedding and everything else with it. Does anyone have any words of wisdom to share about their own experiences with this? Sigh...

Re: Parents and everyone else needing to pick the PERFECT wedding date...

• louisianabluelouisianablue member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG.  My mom did the same thing to my fiance when it came to proposing.  When the ring arrived, she called me and was hysterical "Tell him not to propose today.  I checked the calendar.  It's bad luck!  And not on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday."  Once I finally got engaged, he told me that my mom gave only 2 dates in the span of three weeks.  He was such a nervous wreck.
  • jamiewong09jamiewong09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had trouble with this... the original date i chose was UNLUCKY :P so i just told my parents "ok just pick any saturday in january/february/march and thats fine!"

worked out easier that way.. there was only ONE good saturday in those three months!
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I had the same exact problem.  One solution that we almost had to resort to was to just get married at city hall or at a courthouse on an "auspicious" day, and then have the big reception and related activities some other time.  Our folks were ok with the idea, but depending on how traditional your folks are, they may or may not go for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards