Jewish Weddings

displaying ketubah at reception

We want to display our ketubah at the reception, but I'm worried about people spilling stuff on it or touching it with their grubby fingers ;-) is there a way to safely display it? Maybe on an easel with a piece of plastic over it? any ideas??

Re: displaying ketubah at reception

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having ours framed, all except for putting the glass over it, before it is signed.  Once it is signed, we will add the glass and display it on an easel.
  • edited December 2011
    We had ours in a cheap-o frame from Michaels that we unhooked to sign and then put back in afterward. It was displayed on an easel provided by the venue during the ceremony and reception (put near the cake!).
  • RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    i taped mine to foam board and then got plastic sheeting to put over it (just tape it at the top).  it worked out perfectly and we framed it after we got back from our honeymoon.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We put ours in an inexpensive frame on an easel next to the cake.
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • silversparkssilversparks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours was framed before the wedding without the glass, we also put it on an easel during the reception next to our sweetheart table - AWAY from the food and major traffic areas. It would be pretty easy to put a piece of plastic over the whole thing or add the glass, just in case.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lindsey620Lindsey620 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great ideas -- thanks for the help, girls!
  • Danaz1Danaz1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    our framing place put plastic over it and cut widows that fold down for the sections that need to be signed. We will have it framed after.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • emerlynemerlyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had ours on an easel up in the front near our Sweetheart table. It was away from the dance floor, and people came up to admire it, and it was safe!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We had it displayed by laying it out on the small table where the kiddush cup was underneath the chuppah (wedding and reception in the same very large space).  Guests did come up to admire it, but there was no spillage, and there weren't any finger prints (but it was also had an adults-only reception).  You could also put it on an easel (your site should have them) or weighing it down with a piece of plastic (you can buy it cheaply at a decorating store, or at Michael's).
  • jenvaletjenvalet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours was in a frame, but I felt the same we you did.  We had the plastic over it on the easel.  It was expensive and I didn't want to take any chances.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We had it displayed by laying it out on the small table where the kiddush cup was underneath the chuppah (wedding and reception in the same very large space).  Guests did come up to admire it, but there was no spillage, and there weren't any finger prints (but it was also had an adults-only reception).  You could also put it on an easel (your site should have them) or weighing it down with a piece of plastic (you can buy it cheaply at a decorating store, or at Michael's).
  • edited December 2011
    After we sign it, we're going to slip it into a cheap frame and put it on a tabletop easel for display.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards