Jewish Weddings
Options

MazelTops question

For those ladies who ordered kippot from this company-how long did it take from when you ordered to when the kippot arrived?-if you had 100 men coming to the wedding, do you order 108 pcs (I know they come in dozens)..in other words, better to have a few more pcs, or can you get away with having less than 100 pcs?

Re: MazelTops question

• Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was a little over a week. I placed the order on a Friday. She sent us a proof of the personalization on the Saturday night. I sent back my approval on Sunday. The kippot were shipped out on the Thursday. As I recall, they reached me on the Saturday (8 days after ordering), but it may have been the Monday (10 days after ordering).How many to order depends a lot on what kind of wedding you are having.  Are all the men attending Jewish?  Are kippot more or less required at the ceremony?  Are there women who will wear them?They aren't that expensive, so if you have doubts, I'd tend to go with the larger number.  Presumably, you can save any extras for your FI's future use.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, 2dBrideSounds like great service...when I asked for sample swatches, they arrived in 3 days!I am on the fence about the quantity.  It is a Jewish wedding, but my family is not Jewish.  It's working out to about 70% non Jewish.  and there are not a lot of Jewish males on FI's side.  not sure what to do, but maybe I should wait to see how many men are coming to the wedding (which is 6 months away)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     if you are asking people to cover their heads, then all the men should -- Jewish or not.  In my opinion, I am always afraid of having too few and to be honest, having a few extra kippot around often comes in handy in our house -- and we are far from religious. I would order the extra dozen if it is not a price problem just to be ont he safe side.More importantly -- what color and style are you going for -- i think i like the little satin ones.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    **susanstanek**I like the "new style" satin ones.  I actually enjoyed watching the owner's home videos that displayed the attributes of the "new style" satin versus the "old style conehead" kippot lol!  especially when she had to climb a stepladder to put the kippot on her ginornous son to show the differences between the styles.The suede ones look nice too, but I just like the look of satin for the evening.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so with you -- and i think i had the cone head ones in bright purple at my bat mitzvah -- eep.I think I will go with the new style satin in either black or maybe charcoal -- though i am not having grey -- i really like that one for some reason
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ordered the new style satin in ivory and they came within a week. I love them!!! We ordered an extra dozen and are happy that we did because a couple life long friends took them home to their parents who couldn't be there the day of our wedding. I also like having extras because DH is always forgetting his for synagogue...I have extras in each of our cars and in his tallis bag. The service and the product are fantastic. Also, they are extremely responsive.HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Even non-Jews like to wear the kippah, if nothing else it makes for a nice favor. And as is known, they aren't that expensive (unless you were going to get something super custom made).  I say order more and if you should happen to have extras that can't be used, give them to a synagogue that can always put them in their kippot stash.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think i would be on the safe side and go with the 108.  I do have a question about the new satin style.  Do the men have to wear clips with them, or do they stay on their head without it?  Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My DH was fine without a clip, my dad was not...DH has a full head of hair, my father is shaved bald...
  • Options
    SoonToBeJennTSoonToBeJennT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok so now I"m getting nervous. I don't know how many people are coming to the wedding. I have 60 kippot ordered with expected about 125... I don't know how many men are confirming... Is this too little?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure you can put in a rush order.  When you get your kippot, you'll see if you like then or not (to stay with the same company).  Then when you get all the numbers, order more if you feel like you need them.No need to panic.  :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards