Texas-San Antonio

Any body have/attend a wedding at Our Lady of Grace

Even better do yu have any pics of the interior. Also, any feedback about the experience would be great.

Thanks!

J & M

Re: Any body have/attend a wedding at Our Lady of Grace

• edited December 2011
    I have never been to a wedding there and I don't have pictures, but I went there for Mass one time and from what I remember the interior is stunning! Wood floors, cozy feel, very intimate. I didn't go back because the priest who said Mass was super-boring, so you might want to see who is over there these days if you are thinking about having someone marry you there. As a Catholic Church, they'll probably insist on 6 months of marriage prep, so you'll have plenty of time to see what you think of the people and the place.

You might also consider St. Dominic's off 410 and Ingram. That's where we decided on; the church is beautiful (built in 2009) with stone on the exterior and parts of the interior, and the pastor, Fr. Ritter, is a young guy, very energetic and enthusiastic. Again, with them, 6 months prep required.

Good luck!
    Mom to E, 11/2011 - Severe egg & dairy allergies, soy intolerance *** Stepmom to G, 2001
  • ms1507ms1507 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're planning our wedding there for April. they require that you book at least 6 months in advance and the marriage prep is the Engaged Encounter weekend retreat. so far my experience has been great everyone at the church office has been most helpful.
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • judeandmariajudeandmaria member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback. I toured it once last year, and I remember that it was very peaceful and intimate. However, it would be nice to see a mass or wedding in the church to get a good feel of how things are. It's so hard to plan a wedding while out of state! I wish they had pics on the website like some of the other churches. Thanks again for your fedback!

J&M
  • StephgemStephgem member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    J&M, I was browsing and came across this post. I know it's a late reply, but do you still  need photos of the church? I'm getting married there in October, so I took some :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards