Jewish Weddings
Options

Order of Dances!

I know I have seen this post in the past, but what order did you all do your dances in?Announced, first dance, then horah?  When did you do the father/daughter and mother/son dance?We are meeting with a potention DJ tomorrow and was just wondering how other Jewish brides coordinated this.Thanks!(fyi - we are having a dinner)

Re: Order of Dances!

• Options
    robinmswrobinmsw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are walking in and going right into our first dance.  Then father/daughter and mother/son.  Then the hora.
  • Options
    Danaz1Danaz1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we walked in and did the horah first. Then sat down for salad then first dance speeches parent dances
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing things a bit different, but with our groups and my vision, I love it (suggested by my DJ). We are going to enter and do our first dance, then hora.  After hamotzi, toasts, and dinner, we'll use the mother/son dance to officially usher in the dancing portion of the evening (we aren't doing a father/daughter dance as my dad isn't around, another reason for the placement of the mother/son dance).
  • Options
    tenofcups4metenofcups4me member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did: enter to announcements, first dance, then hora, then toasts, and first course. While people were finishing the first course, we did the daughter/father and son/mother dances. I wanted to do them, but didn't want to "stop action" to do them because as important I as thought they were, I don't think they're particularly interesting for guests to watch.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards