Texas-San Antonio
Options

March 24 Wedding- Vendor Reviews!!!!

Hello fellow Knotties.... my perfect wedding day is finally over and boy do I have some great vendors to share with you.

Photgraphy- Blue Fire Photo- A++++ Hands down this was my favorite vendor. I booked Kristen a year out from my wedding and since I didnt have a day of coordinator, she took charge of what pics needed to be taken at what time. She kept the kids occupied and my guests laughing. EVERYONE kept asking where I found such a great photographer. I have to admit I fell in love with her pictures before I saw her prices. She was by FAR the most affordable photographer and she books up quickly so grab her fast.

Ceremony/Rehearsal Brunch- San Antonio Botanical Gardens- A+ The on site coordinator roped off our ceremony site and tended to my every need. They were easy to work with and I also had my rehearsal brunch in thier cafe. The food was delicious and around $8-9 a plate. Rehearsal brunch was less than $250 for our entire group and they had a beautiful outside area for us to eat. I cant say enough about them.

Reception- Hotel Contessa A+++ OMG Erin Luther was amazing. Food was delicious and everyone on staff made me feel like I was queen. They moved mountains on the smallest requests. A+ Service, A+ Food, A++ Honey moon night. Erin coordinated with all my on site vendors and my reception was PERFECTION!! I had a small wedding of 35 people and a $4000 catering budget and Erin treated me like I just spent $100K.

Chairs- Aztec Rentals-A+ They were early to set up at both ceremony and reception location. they were also the cheapest Chivari chairs I found but they were in MINT condition. No chips or stained cushins. This was a great vendor recommended by both onsite coordinators.

Cake- Williams Confectionary- A+ I have to admit by the time we cut the cake, the top teir started to lean a little. But the cake was very moist and delicious. I had a future bride at my wedding who immediately booked them after my wedding. The cake was that good. I gave her a picture of what I wanted and she took it to the next level. PERFECTION!!! They were also HALF the cost of everyone else I got quotes from. They do not specialize in wedding cakes, they specailize in CAKES!!! Since I was her only bride that weekend I got specail attention that you would not have gotten from a place where you are one in a million brides.

Ceremony Strings/Musicians- Sturchio Entertainment- A+, the violinist was perfect and did a great job. He showed up on time and kept my guests entertained. I would recommend Kaz to anyone and was such a pleasure to work with. I was on a tight budget and this was a last minute addition.

Flowers/Linens- Budget Bridal B+, So I really cant complain about this vendor. She was hundreds lower than everyone in town and I still got a good result. She was 15 minutes EARLY to set up which was my only fear because she had mediocre reviews online for being late. She wasnt. She helped set up and she custome made my napkins... I designed my own centerpieces which she provided mountains of petals for each table. Petals were fresh and she created my vision perfectly. Linens were clean and pressed. Flowers were a bit to be desired. my bridal bouquet was PERFECT but my bridesmaid bouquet were just OK. I knew I was getting what I paid for and as long as my bridal bouqet was perfect I was happy. So over all good job.

Limo Service- A Awesome Limo- A+, our driver arrived on time and I was 5 minutes early to my ceremony. I got a great deal from Davids Bridal at $99 per hr for my hummer and it included taxes and gratuity. Sweet deal!

Bridemaid Dresses- Debi's Bridal- B+, They seemed like they were not very helpful at first, but I think its because I already bought my wedding gown. In the end I got a perfect dress on sale and the alterations were made the next day for my traveling bridesmaids.

Wedding Gown- Davids Bridal- A+++, They made me feel like I was in a top dollar salon. In fact they were so intuned to what I wanted I bought 3 dresses from them and they were the first dress I tried every time. The first dress was my wedding gown, the next my bachelorette party dress and then my rehearsal brunch dress. All 3 trips to DB resulted in purchasing the first dress I tried on. I also got all 3 dresses, shoes and hair accessories for what I budgeted for my wedding dress alone.

Carriage Ride- Yellow Rose- A-, My reception exit was perfect and my driver was really nice. my only complaint is they promissed he would be in a tux and he wasnt. But he was in a nice suit jacket so I let it slide. lol

Grooms Suit- Men's Warehouse- A+, I let my groom pic out the suit alone which scared me, but did a great job and my honey and brothers looked like a million bucks.

Im not sure if there are any vendors I left out since we did so much ourselves. Overall I am the happiest bride that ended up with an AMAZING wedding. I would easily recommend any of these vendors.

Re: March 24 Wedding- Vendor Reviews!!!!

• Options
    Thank you so much!!! I'm in the early phases of planning and completely overwhelmed with where to start. This helps immensely!!! 
  • Options
    A few additions I forgot.

Hair- Amy Chappa at Salon Boutique. A++++ She was hundreds less than everyone else and I got the perfect "greecian garden" look I wanted. Plus my hair stayed up ALL DAY and NIGHT. She came to my hotel Room at 11 am and my hair stayed in place until 1 am.... What she charged me for trials runs, wedding day, travel to my hotel and tip was HUNDREDS less than everyone else and she was AMAZING to work with.

Makeup- Rudi @Sephora-A+++++ I was very hesitant booking make up from the mall but Rudi was AMAZING and very affordable. Sephora does FREE MAKEUP with the purchase of a $50 gift card. I purchased on for my birdesmaids so they all got flawless make up and my gift to them was $50 to spend in the store. So technically make up was FREE. Rudi is the best they have at North Star Mall and I would recommend him a million times over. My make up lasted all day and night and he also nailed my "greecian garden" look. I was worried that the heavy make up would look bad or wear off at my afternoon outdoor ceremony. I look like a million bucks all day and night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards