Jewish Weddings

Ordering Kippot - Opinions...

I asked this on my local board but I thought I'd ask you girls too...Planning on ordering plain suede Kippahs for my wedding.Questions:1. Order from Mazeltops or Skullcap.com? Why?2. Order 48 or 60 for a wedding of 100-120ppl? Why?3. Black or Ivory color? (wedding colors are Chocolate Brown, Ivory, Black, Silver, Green, mostly neutral pallate but BM gowns are black and men will be in black too) And why?Thanks so much!

Re: Ordering Kippot - Opinions...

• GK2009GK2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello!I ordered from Mazeltops and I was so pleased... not to mention that the woman who owns the company is an absolute doll!  I thought my order turned out beautifully. I would go with 60 just to be on the safe side... there shouldn't be too much difference in price and it is nice to have a few extras. You can never go wrong with black... but that decision is all yours.  Good luck!
  • RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    not sure about which website you should order from, i had no problem with skullcap.com but i've heard that others have. i'd get 60 - better to have extra than not enough. and i'd go with ivory - just because i like how it looks more!
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Rachiemoo - did your husband and the guys wear white or ivory shirts?
    edited December 2011
    my husband wore a white shirt and an ivory vest/tie.the groomsmen wore a white shirt with black vests and green tie.my dress was ivory. 
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no experience with Skullcap.com, but had a really great experience with Mazeltops, FWIW.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Rachie! Everything coordinated really well.
    edited December 2011
    thx goldgold - i was kind of lucky as i honestly had no clue what i was doing!
  • edited December 2011
    Chaykah of Mazeltops is very nice, accommodating and you won't be disappointed. I'd order 60 b/c you never know, plus folks may want something to take home (so you might want to see how many males you'll have in attendance and order accordingly - even non-Jews like kippot). Even though your tuxes are black, that doesn't mean you can't have chocolate kippot.  My main color is chocolate brown and the tuxes will be black (though BM will have brown vest and tie, MOH chocolate brown dress), so I'm ordering the chocolate.  I received swatches and it will loook awesome!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!I'm thinking maybe I should wait until I get my RSVPs back to see how many are coming and then order??How long to they take to ship from Mazeltops???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards