Jewish Weddings
Options

Loving These Modest Wedding Gowns

Ivanka and Grace Kelly both look gorgeous in their modest wedding gowns in the photos in this article: [url]http://runway.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/27/the-ivanka-factor/[/url] Good friends of DH were also married by Ivanka's Rabbi (who also helped her prepare for her Orthodox conversion). I just thought it would be fun to share :) Have a great Shabbat/weekend everyone!
image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Loving These Modest Wedding Gowns

• Options
    edited December 2011
    her dress is gorgeous!  we are being married by the other rabbi from that temple, it's where my fiance's aunt and uncle are. 
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Thanksgiving tickersphoto 307df189-2dc4-4bea-9b76-9ac6ceda8155_zps59ea37ee.jpgphoto c779d75a-0807-4fcc-b206-432ab43bdb6d_zpsf12ebd56.jpg
  • Options
    RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Oh cool, I've been in that shul before, its really pretty!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are having our friday evening service there then my fiance's parents took the catering hall out for the dinner.  i have only been in the offices so far, i haven't seen the main rooms yet.  i'm a member at emanu'el so it's going to be a very different experience.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Thanksgiving tickersphoto 307df189-2dc4-4bea-9b76-9ac6ceda8155_zps59ea37ee.jpgphoto c779d75a-0807-4fcc-b206-432ab43bdb6d_zpsf12ebd56.jpg
  • Options
    lachlomlachlom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She looks great. I know a lot of people convert for marriage and a lot were criticizing Ivanka for converting solely for marriage, but she seems the real deal. I'm glad she is embracing modesty like this and setting a great example for future converts. Mazel tov to them:)
  • Options
    ShoshieShoshie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So pretty.... mine was modest as well and I had Grace Kelly and Annie Banks (from Father of the Bride) in mind when I bought it. :)
    Adam & Shoshie 10-21-07: "My family is big and loud and everybody's in each other's lives and business. ... but wherever I go, they will always be there." * My Blog: Tales of a Hopeful Jewish Mom to Be * BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello! I've never posted on this board before (though I do lurk as I am planning a jewish wedding), but I was looking for a place to pose this question and saw this thread.I am so so happy that Vera Wang has declared the end of strapless!  So how long do you think it will take for there to be more dresses with sleeves in the stores??  I would love to have something with a pretty sleeve, but the selection is so limited!Thanks!Cara
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Cara, There are some stores that carry modest wedding gowns (do you live near any religious communities that may have one?) If not, my advice would be to get a dress made especially for you! My SIL had this done and it turned out to be much cheaper than my off the rack dress. Another option would be to purchase an off the rack dress and have a bolero or sleeves made.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I hadn't thought about creating a dress on my own.  That's an idea I should look into.  By the way, I looked at your bio/blog.  I love your dress! Your photos are beautiful and it looks like you had a gorgeous wedding, congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    awww thank you! best of luck finding the right dress!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards