Jewish Weddings

Where to Get Ketubahs

Hi everyone! My name is Rachel, I live in the Boston MA area, and will be getting married on August 21st of this year. I've poked around here a bit, but haven't really posted much. Since there seem to be so many others also having Conservative ceremonies, does anyone know of any good sites to get ketubahs with the Conservative text with the Lieberman clause?

Thanks for all your help! Happy Passover :)
Anniversary

Re: Where to Get Ketubahs

• edited December 2011
    I know I got mine at http://www.ketubah.com/ Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We looked online A LOT and finally bought one at a judaica store in Framingham (Shukii's). My H and I were very nervous about buying on online and not seeing if first hand. We also found that the prices online were not any cheaper than ones in the store when you factor in shipping.

There are several stores in Brookline you could look in- Kolbo or the Israeli Bookshop- that have good selections. Once you find one you could always search online for a deal to see if you can find it cheaper.
  • edited December 2011

we bought one at ketubahsandmore.com.  It was less expensive than ketubahs.com.  Good luck. 

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have actually never seen a ketubah that didn't have that as one of the text options.  If you see one at a store or online that shows a different text, definitely ask if it can be made with the Conservative text.

We got ours from 20th Century Illuminations.

• edited December 2011
    Ours is being custom made by one of the GM's dads, who is an Israeli artist. We wrote the entire text ourselves and he is translating it to Hebrew (FI wanted the ketubah in Hebrew instead of Aramaic).
    Anniversary image
  • ahsegalahsegal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can also find some unique ones on Etsy and choose the text you would like used.
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_jewish-weddings_ketubahs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:399Discussion:194202c9-03d7-4921-82a1-093e3d7bcce5Post:9f9f0ba2-1e6c-4e0a-8011-e29d811c6f23">Re: Where to Get Ketubahs</a>:
    [QUOTE]we bought one at <a href="http://www.ketubahsandmore.com/">www.ketubahsandmore.com</a>.  It was less expensive than ketubahs.com.  Good luck. 
    Posted by paper123[/QUOTE]

Ditto this exactly for me as well!  Not only are the prices low but they will email you a code for an additional 10% off!  I love my ketubah and display it proudly on my living room wall!
  • shortee426shortee426 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting ours at www.newketubah.com.  It has the Lieberman clause in the conservative text.
    Anniversary
  • LBRM_NJLBRM_NJ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine came from www.caspicards.com

Lisa
    The Knot lost my info, but, I've been married since 6/19/05!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Blog - "Helping Make Sense"
  • edited December 2011
    We got our ketubah from Miriam Karp - it was beautiful, and she has lots of text options.  When we were looking I just searched google for ketubahs and came up with a lot of websites that offered conservative text.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Have you gone to Kolbo in Brookline?  I love that store, they are so nice there.  That's were we found our Ketubah.  I think the text depends a lot on the artist, I know our artist had at least 5 different options.  You can browse their selection online, but I do have to say it was better to see them in person because I liked some more and others less when I actually saw them.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards