Jewish Weddings
Options

Need Advice

Hi ladies,

I am Jewish convert in progress (still taking my classes) and my FI is a rasta. We both agreed to have our wedding on 4-15-11 before sundown. I wanted to ask you if there is anyway that I could incorporate his rasta beliefs and mine (even though I am not done my classes yet) without offending anyone.  We are having his uncle that is a minister do our ceremony and have it completed before sundown out of respect for me. Any ideals would be helpful.
Anniversary

Re: Need Advice

• Options
    RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    For the Jewish side of things, I think it would be good if you did some Jewish customs, like using a Chuppah, breaking the glass, circling the groom, etc.  These are all customs and not Halacha (Jewish law), so I don't see them being particulary offensive to anyone.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh thank you Rachiemoo!! I just thought because I wasn't done my conversion process that some people might find it offensive.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    rodeo417, I don't think anyone would think that in your case.  When I have seen objections, it has been to couples who have no interest in Judaism, but just use the symbols.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This gets mentioned in a lot of other posts too... be sure to explain any customs you use in the wedding program or by other means. This way any non-Jewish guest can have a been understanding of the customs you incorporate. I dont think anyone would be offended. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards