Jewish Weddings

Circling Question

We plan on circling in our ceremony, and was just wondered if those of you who are incorporating circling will have music played during that tradition. If so, what music/song would be appropriate??
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Wedding Website
image 143 Invited
image 110 Are ready to party!
image 31 Are party poopers!
image 0 Can't find the mailbox!

Re: Circling Question

• edited December 2011
    I started circling as soon as I got to the chuppah, so they continued with the same song I walked down the aisle to.
    ExerciseMilestone image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_jewish-weddings_circling-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:399Discussion:3add260f-066a-4855-8e8d-6ee3c247346dPost:c83abc00-5a6c-432b-ac8f-d68903193d5b">Re: Circling Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I started circling as soon as I got to the chuppah, so they continued with the same song I walked down the aisle to.
    Posted by JoBell123[/QUOTE]

Same here.
    Lisa
    Not a newbie, but, had to create a new account - formerly LBR_NJ

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Blog - "Helping Make Sense"
  • I walked down to an instrumental "Feed the Birds" - but we circled to "Sunrise/Sunset"
    Adam & Shoshie 10-21-07: "My family is big and loud and everybody's in each other's lives and business. ... but wherever I go, they will always be there." * My Blog: Tales of a Hopeful Jewish Mom to Be * BabyFruit Ticker
  • I circled to the song Y’did Nefesh.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_jewish-weddings_circling-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:399Discussion:3add260f-066a-4855-8e8d-6ee3c247346dPost:b5e67020-4178-478d-aa46-0514ed3420ac">Re: Circling Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Circling Question : Same here.
    Posted by LisaBRM[/QUOTE]

Ditto- to Erev Shel Shoshanim
    Anniversary image
  • Thanks, ladies! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Website
    image 143 Invited
    image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 31 Are party poopers!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
  • My fiance insists that the traditional music for circling in Orthodox Jewish weddings(as we are having an orthodox wedding) is Baruch Habaah, the same song they play when the groom is putting on a kittel. I really don't remember this from any wedding I've been to...I wanted to just continue the song I walk down to. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards