Jewish Weddings

chanukah wedding

is anybody else getting married during chanukah this year? if so, how are you incorporating it into your wedding?
Visit Jewish.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: chanukah wedding

• reebsreebsreebsreebs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The idea of Chanukah as a dedication is a nice theme for a wedding. 

What night of Chanukah? You could use menorahs as center pieces on tables, with tea-lights in them they should last most of the reception.
  • Jami86eJami86e member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh i already know what we're doing, i was just wondering about other people.

we are getting married on december 5th. the ceremony will technically be the 4th night and then the reception is the 5th lol. we are going to be lighting the menorah during the reception. then for the food we are going to be having latkes instead of, say baked or mashed potatoes, and then there is actually a chocolate store out here that makes chocolate dreidels so if we have room in the budget we may be serving those with the cake :)

my fiancée was born during chanukah so we thought it would be nice to be married then too
    Visit Jewish.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • arbelarbel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also getting married on December 5th. We started dating during Chanukah 2009, he proposed during Chanukah 2009, so it was only fitting that we get married during Chanukah 2010.

We are lighting the candles, and we are putting parve chocolate gelt and dreidels at every plate. We are also having Chanukah doughnuts as part of the dessert.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards