Texas-San Antonio

NCWR: hair coloring

this isn't completely wedding related, but i wanted to know if anyone gets their hair cut and colored periodically and could recommend their stylist.  i had a girl in florida that rented a booth at a hair salon and she was really amazing.  she used some kind of organic chemicals or something like that - they didn't smell like the really awful ones that you get out of the box at the store or that they use at chains like sensational hair. i had mine done at sensational hair when i first moved here and they did a really great job, i just prefer the chemicals that don't smell like chemicals - if that makes sense.  don't want to spend more than about $120 for the cut and color combined.  i've been waiting a long time to chop it all off and finally can now that our wedding has passed :)

Re: NCWR: hair coloring

• edited December 2011
    I HIGHLY recommend Blondes, Brunettes, and Redheads close to Universal City on the NE side of town. I don't live there anymore, but I did for 5 years and they always did my color perfectly. The hair cuts were also so flattering to my facial features. They are an Aveda Concept Salon, and if you haven't used Aveda yet--- you are going to love them.  I don't think I ever paid over 120 too.

Another perk? They will spruce up your makeup for free, so it is nice if you are going out on the town.
  • edited December 2011
    I get my color done with Matthew at Visible Changes North Star. He is awesome and super friendly. The color doesn't stink but I don't know if it's exactly what you're looking for. My hair always smells good after though. They use awesome shampoo, conditioner, and styling products. I get my haircut by a girl who used to work at Visible Changes but now she has one of those booths you're talking about. All over color with Matthew is 78 (10% off for teacher, student, or military) and about 100 for highlights. I also have really long hair though, so that factors in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards