Jewish Weddings

Timeline Help Needed

Hi,

I am getting married in June and need help on the timeline so that I can put the correct times on our invitation.  We are having a tisch/private attending to the bride, bedecken, ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception.  Right now, our timeline looks like this.  We will write arrive promptly at 11 am.  I really want to start cocktail hour by 12:15 at the latest, which is late because cocktail hour is supposed to go from 12 to 1.  The Rabbi will not start the Tisch until 60/245 people are there. 

11:00 am to 11:20 am -- Tisch/Private Attending to the Bride
11:20 am to 11:25 am -- Bedecken
11:25 am to 11:35 am -- guests go outside for ceremony
11:35 am to 12:10 pm -- ceremony
12:15 pm to 1:15 pm -- cocktail hour
1:15 pm to 5:00 pm -- reception

Does this work?  I'm afraid that 60 people will not be there at 11 sharp to start the tisch on time.

Thanks for any help! 

Re: Timeline Help Needed

• RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    That looks good to me!  If you say promptly at 11, I imagine a lot of people will probably even come earlier than 11.  I think it is nice that you're having the tisch and attending of bride, looking back that is something I wish I had done that I didn't.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your help!  I'm still deciding if I want to have a public or private attending to the bride.
  • edited December 2011
    Looks good to me too, though I might be inclined to add an extra 5 minutes for the b'deken.  FWIW, as for your attending, I know for me, it's just going to be such a long and overwhelming day already and I'd rather wait to see and chit-chat with other family and friends come reception time, so I'd be inclinded to lean private.  Then again, I'm not much of a people person.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm totally with you on that not being much of a people person.  I'm afraid that I may start to feel overwhelmed before walking down the aisle if i do the public attending to the bride.  Thanks for your feedback!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey...Im also getting married at 11am. That timeline sounds just right! What time are you going to start getting ready? Are you getting ready in the hotel??
  • edited December 2011
    Also, are you getting married under the gazebo? We are just going to put a talit under the roof of the gazebo
  • edited December 2011

Hi Danala,

Thanks!  I think that I'm going to start getting ready at about 5:30 am at the hotel.  Do you think that 260 people can fit around the gazebo?  I think that it would be a great idea to get married under the gazebo if that is the case!  Also, who are your vendors for flowers, photography, makeup/hair, videography, etc.??

Thanks!

• edited December 2011
    I am going to stay at the westminster the night before and start getting ready at 5am there. I think I am going to get the suite with a room attached. She told me we could also use the meeting room to get ready in. The only thing is they can only provide us with 2 mirrors.
    I believe that the gazebo can only seat 200 the most. But I can be wrong!

Flowers- Im using Conroy's Florist in Morris Plains. She has been doing this for 20 years and has done many weddings at the Crystal Plaza.
    http://www.conroyscreations.com/

Photography and Video- Action Studios in Teaneck, NJ. He is a good friend of the family and does mostly jewish weddings. He has some beautiful work.
    http://www.actionstudiosonline.com/index2.php?v=v1

Makeup
    - Using the blue mercury spa. Having the girl come to the hotel

Hair - My hairstylist RJ. He is amazing!

If I can help you with anything else..Dont hesitate to ask!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Danala,

I really need help trying to find people for hair and makeup.  Do you have curly hair?  If so, would it be possible to please provide me with the contact info for RJ?  Who are using from the Blue Mercury Spa? What time is Crystal Plaza allowing you to arrive?

I learned today that the gazebo can seat 425 people. 

Thanks so much for letting me know about your other vendors!
  • edited December 2011
    I have straight hair but he is making it curly.
    RJ'S number is 201-343-3838. His salon is located in Hackensack but he will travel to the hotel. He really does amazing work with hair.
    As of now, I think I am using Carly from the spa in Englewood. I have been checking online for other makeup people though just to make sure.
    Im not sure what time they are allowing us to arrive. I know that my photographer wants to start pictures at 9.
    Wow I had no idea the gazebo can sit that many people. You should def use it then. Ive been to a wedding using the gazebo and it is so pretty!
    Do you know if they provide a basket for the kippas or if we have to bring our own?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm really looking for someone who is used to working with curly hair.  I'm really behind in wedding planning.  My goal is to get caught up this week on spring break!  At the wedding that you went to with the gazebo, did people sit in a circle?  I think that would be really nice.  I am not sure if they provide a basket for the kippot.  I still have to order mine!  From where did you order yours?  I heard that mazeltops is good.
  • edited December 2011
    The seats in the front circled the gazebo and then went straight back. It was really pretty. I also heard that mazeltops is great!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow!  That sounds really nice!  Good to hear that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards