Jewish Weddings
Options

Happy Hanukkah!

Happy 1st Night of Hanukkah to my fellow Jewish Knotties!

Re: Happy Hanukkah!

• Options
    RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

chag sameach!  enjoy everyone :)

image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jendawn80jendawn80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy Hanukkah everyone! 
    I'm sad that I can't be with my fiance this weekend or make latkes for us.  I can't wait until after the wedding when one of us will be moving to the other's city (still figuring it out) and we will finally see eachother everyday and spend all the holidays together.   
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MoFreeMoFree member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy Hanukah everyone. 

Tonight DH and I are celebrating alone.  I'm having people over on Sunday for latkes and football.  Unfortunatley my very unaccepting father refuses to attend and somehow thinks that by eating a potato pancake and watching other people light candles that is equal to an invountary conversion.  I feel like buying him a crow bar to pry open a very, very closed mind.  Fortunately my brother and sister in law are bringing their kids because they want to raise them with understanding and acceptance of different beliefs and religioius practices. 

DH and I have made a tradition of giving each other 8 small gifts based on a theme.  This year is southwestern because we are moving to Arizona in early 2010.  I had so mucg fun looking for presents with that theme and had to limit myself to only one for each night of Hanukah.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    MoFree, hope you don't mind, but I stole your Hanukkah pic because it's SO DARN CUTE!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Happy Chanukah!!!!

I'm with my new baby niece helping her celebrate and so far its been the best holiday ever. Hope everyone's is amazing!
  • Options
    stahlopstahlop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy Hanukkah!

I am going over to my parents tonight for Hanukkah dinner.  Poor FI is sick, so he won't be able to make it.  I'm also finally getting candles for my menorah, since no stores where I live seem to carry Hanukkah candles.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Happy Chanukah!  DH and I spent the first night at his grandfather's house with his whole family in Haifa.  We spent our second and third nights together and had latkes and doughnuts--they sell doughnuts EVERYWHERE in Israel on Chanukah!  

DH is leaving on a business trip to Singapore tonight :(  
  • Options
    moslimosli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Happy Hanukkah, everyone!

I've lurked for a few weeks, but I can't resist the holidays! our families are all across the country, so my FI and I are going to have latkes and salmon on the last night. I hope that everone is having a wonderful holiday!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards