Jewish Weddings

Different Kippah Questions

My shul is egalitarian, most of the women wear kippot, including many of our expected guests and myself.  I won't require women who aren't Jewish to wear them for the ceremony, but want customized kippot to be available to those who do.  How can I estimate how many kippot I'll need to order?
Also, has anyone here ever seen a woman wear both a kippot and a veil?  Or would the veil count as a head covering since the veil I purchased will cover the crown of my head?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers

Re: Different Kippah Questions

• I think the veil counts as your head covering.  At my shul, women will sometimes wear a piece of lace as their head covering--a veil seems similar to that.  

I am pretty sure that we ordered 150 kippot, and we were expecting 150-200 (actually had right around 150).  We had a bunch left over, but that's fine, we just keep them around the house for when we host holidays, and my parents took some extra.  They're not that much of an expense, and I wanted everyone to be able to have one if they wanted, either to wear during the ceremony or as a memento.  
  • My family wears the lace veil and they all brought their own to our wedding. As for kippot, we ordered 10 more than enough for every male guest (conservative).

It's always better to have more than less for the guests so I would do a count of how many people you think would wear one and then a buy few extra.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Having extra is not a bad thing. If they are special and lovely, guests will want them as souvenirs (don't all our parents have those drawers of kippot with names in them from various simchas that are always fun to pull out like the big, bright orange one from the 1974 Bar Mitzvah...?)

Many women cover their heads with lace which is really not the same as wearing a kippah. It seems to me the point here is the egalitarian nature of the head covering. In that regard, it doesn't seem like a veil will really swing it. They are beautiful, but a wedding veil is anything but egalitarian...

If the symbol of equality is important to you, I imagine you would want to wear a kippah too?...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards