Jewish Weddings
Options

Kallah chair- bedeken

I'm getting married in Tel Avivl on June 27. I'm importing our local chabad American Rabbi. He wants there to be a veiling ceremony with a bridal chair but when I e-mailed the designer, she said she didn't have any pictures of examples to show me because "they don't do that here". My mom is going to be there a week before to supposedly make sure everything is in order by the time I get there. I'm still going to the venue one last time before the wedding day to make sure everything is in order.

Are you having a bridal chair? What does it look like?

My rabbi says it just has to be different looking from the other chairs. I went to my BIL's wedding in Jerusalem a couple of years ago and his wife had a large oversized chair draped in white with flowers. My FI is worried about the price since we're already over budget but if we have to have a bridal chair, let's not do it half asked.

Re: Kallah chair- bedeken

• Options
    Jeni35Jeni35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Per my understanding, the bridal chair (and also can have a groom's "throne" as well since you are both to be treated as king and queen)... it should be different. It can be decorated with flowers or large and ornate pillows. You don't actually have to buy a majestic looking chair. I checked and could only find a Greek one on eBay for around $300. It just sets your apart. I would also ask your rabbi if he has any requirements for the chair. As it is a custom, I don't see how decorating with flowers and having you sit on a pretty pillow would not be okay. A wedding in Tel Aviv! Just beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto, we had chairs from the sanctuary that were different than the regular chairs everyone had (though we would up just doing a private bedeken ourselves in another spot, as we preferred it that way but also couldn't get the folks in the room to shut up!).  :P  GL.
  • Options
    Jeni35Jeni35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Slbriz, I have a million questions to ask you...after you're done with your HM time! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No honeymoon - not for awhile.  Feel free to PM me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards