Jewish Weddings

description of yichud in program

We're including an explanation of what yichud is in our programs, as many of our guests are not Jewish. So far, I've got: "Following the cermony, A and B will retreat for eighteen minutes to a private space to spend their first moments as a married couple in yichud- seclusion.  Eighteen is an auspicious number in Judaism as it represents life..." Any thoughts as to how to continue?
check out our wedding blog at http://kellyandsari.com

Re: description of yichud in program

• edited December 2011
    In ours we have

The newly married couple will take a few quiet moments for reflection. They will return to the reception after a short while. Please go ahead and enjoy some refreshments during this time.

Originally I had it starting as the bride and groom will spend their first few minutes alone as a married couple (or something like that) but FI thought that sounded like we were going off to have sex for a bit.
    Anniversary image
  • LBRM_NJLBRM_NJ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is what I wrote in mine:

After the ceremony, we will leave the Chuppah and go off to a private room to be left alone for a short time. These moments of seclusion signify the newly acquired right of the bride and groom to live together as husband and wife, as well as give us an opportunity to relax for a few minutes before joining all of you to celebrate.
    Lisa
    The Knot lost my info, but, I've been married since 6/19/05!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Blog - "Helping Make Sense"
  • edited December 2011
    Here is what we had:

Immediately following the ceremony, BRIDE and GROOM will retreat to a private room for a few moments of seclusion to reflect on this new chapter in their lives.  Guests are invited to enjoy cocktails and hors d’oeuvres in the mansion’s foyer!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sari5765sari5765 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, folks!
    check out our wedding blog at http://kellyandsari.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards