Texas-San Antonio
Options

westin riverwalk

Has anyone had their wedding reception at the Westin hotel (riverwalk)? I have read good reviews on wedding sites but other travel sites have had bad reviews about the hotel/ overnight rooms in general. Thanks.

Re: westin riverwalk

• Options
    edited December 2011

The Westin is one of the top hotels in San Antonio. I had looked at having my weddding there myself but choose another venue. But they really are a nice hotel. I have woked with them before in the past and I have never had a problem.

Hope this helps and best of luck to you on your wedding!

Kim

• Options
    TTiger03TTiger03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I helped my coworker with her wedding there last October and they were a delight to work with.  The groom was a pain, but the hotel staff managed to work with every last minute change he had (i.e. showing up that morning with 2 huge flat screen televisions to set up karaoke and Wii).
    They had wanted to have their small wedding on a terrace, but we ended up moving the ceremony to a meeting room because there are three huge concrete planters on the terrace that would be in the way of the chairs.  (My coworker hadn't thought through the actual seating when she selected the terrace.)
    The hotel staff made all the changes very easy to deal with.  If the space would have been large enough for my 200+ guest list in the beautiful ballroom I would have been there.  
    I didn't stay at the hotel, but we their entire family did and seemed pleased with their rooms.  We used one of the rooms for preparations (getting the bride dressed, organizing the kids - she had 6 kids in her wedding-, last minute details, etc).  The room we were in was a very nice room.
    The biggest issue with any hotel on the riverwalk is the price of the valet parking.  Her father-in-law paid for the guest's valet, but I know it was very expensive.  I believe there is self parking in the garage across the way (I didn't look as I was bringing all the decorations, needed help with my load, and didn't have to pay for valet but downtown parking is about $8 minimum for self parking.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    RunDogRunDog member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-san-antonio_westin-riverwalk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:103Discussion:f253abb5-0d39-4fa8-ac8e-225ad4085012Post:6a9fe2bd-aec5-4e25-836a-5ecece1317b0">Re: westin riverwalk</a>:
    [QUOTE]I helped my coworker with her wedding there last October and they were a delight to work with.  The groom was a pain, but the hotel staff managed to work with every last minute change he had (i.e. showing up that morning with 2 huge flat screen televisions to set up karaoke and Wii). They had wanted to have their small wedding on a terrace, but we ended up moving the ceremony to a meeting room because there are three huge concrete planters on the terrace that would be in the way of the chairs.  (My coworker hadn't thought through the actual seating when she selected the terrace.) The hotel staff made all the changes very easy to deal with.  If the space would have been large enough for my 200+ guest list in the beautiful ballroom I would have been there.   I didn't stay at the hotel, but we their entire family did and seemed pleased with their rooms.  We used one of the rooms for preparations (getting the bride dressed, organizing the kids - she had 6 kids in her wedding-, last minute details, etc).  The room we were in was a very nice room. The biggest issue with any hotel on the riverwalk is the price of the valet parking.  Her father-in-law paid for the guest's valet, but I know it was very expensive.  I believe there is self parking in the garage across the way (I didn't look as I was bringing all the decorations, needed help with my load, and didn't have to pay for valet but downtown parking is about $8 minimum for self parking.
    Posted by TTiger03[/QUOTE]

Which ballroom did she have her wedding in? The Navarro or the Hidalgo? I'm looking into the Hidalgo room for 150-180 people, but I'm worried it's going to be too cramped, especially after adding the dance floor.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards