Jewish Weddings
Options

*October010Bride*

I saw in a previous post that you are doing a "modified bedecken". What are you planning?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: *October010Bride*

• Options
    edited December 2011

Hi!

Typically (as my rabbi explained it) the Bedeken is a public ceremony with the tish and the ketubah signing. We are NOT doing it public as that would freak me the eff out, lol.

We are planning on having the bedeken right after we sign the ketubah with our parents and witnesses present and thats it.

hth!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Gotcha, thanks!  I purchased a veil this weekend, it does have a second tier that could be a blusher if we choose, but at this point, I'm still leaning away from doing a bedecken.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Butting in. ;-)

My brother and sister-in-law did a brief bedeken before the ketubah signing, and they only did both in front of the rabbi, immediate family, witnesses, and some very close friends and relatives (small group).  I think I'm going with that idea.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Yeah, I have to find a seamstress to add a blusher onto my veil since it is only one tier.

I love the symbolizism of the ceremony and it is so brief, I'm kind of like, why not.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards