Jewish Weddings

Gifts for chuppah holders?

FI and I are not having a bridal party.  Our siblings will be holding the chuppah, and then we'll have friends sign the ketubah and FI's little sisters as flower girls (we figured they'd have more fun with that than holding the chuppah).  I am going to get the flower girls little necklaces, so my question is what (if anything) should we get for the chuppah holders?  (They are all men in their 20s, if you have specific suggestions.)  It seems weird to get them gifts as if they were groomsmen, but is that what you did or will do? 

Re: Gifts for chuppah holders?

• LBRM_NJLBRM_NJ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have no obligation to give gifts to anyone!  But, it seems as if they are basically serving as your bridal party by holding the chuppah.  If you'd like to thank them for holding your chuppah, then, sure, a gift would be appropriate.
    Lisa
    The Knot lost my info, but, I've been married since 6/19/05!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Blog - "Helping Make Sense"
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did not have chuppah holders, as we had a free-standing chuppah.  However, if you want to give gifts to yours, I can tell you that the Swiss army knife we gave our dude of honor was a howling success.  The only problem was getting him not to spend the entire reception checking out all the blades.
  • edited December 2011
    ditto others who said you aren't obliged to give gifts, as you are bestowing a HUGE honour on your friends by asking them to be your chuppah holders. 

BUT - totally understand the impulse to give gifts.  i love the swiss army knife idea. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards