Jewish Weddings

Jewish Bands/Orchestras

Hey!
Recently engaged and starting to plan the wedding. Does anyone have any good recommendations for bands/orchestras? We're looking for one that will play the Jewish music (bedekin, chuppah, and first set of dancing) and also some fun party music.
Please let me know your suggestions.
Thanks

Re: Jewish Bands/Orchestras

• edited December 2011
    What city are you in?  I know it says outer boros and I assume that means NYC, but just making sure. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • jo13jo13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey - Sorry for not being specific. NYC/NJ area
  • edited December 2011
    I recently went to a wedding, and they used Nafshenu Orchestra for the cocktail, bedekin, ceremony, and reception.  I thought that they were absolutely fantastic.They had a pretty decent mix of Jewish, Israeli, and party music.  They are based out of Long Island, I think.  I'd check them out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    173 Invites are in the mail! image
    58 are ready to party! image
    32 are missing out. image
    83 are nowhere to be found. image
    RSVP date is November 1.
  • chavanolachavanola member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to second Naffshenu, thats who I'm using.  I know at least 3 or 4 pepole who've used them and they've always been fantastic and gotten fantastic reviews from everyone I know.  Also, the Shloime Dachs band and certain Jewish bands also play weddings or used to at least--like Moshav Band or Blue Fringe, but I'm not sure what their pricing is.
  • shortee426shortee426 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Sally Mitlas.  My brother is using their band for his wedding and I am using their DJ.
    Anniversary
  • JReneeJRenee member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have to second Sally Mitlas,

She did my wedding, my brother's wedding and has done synagogue events in our area as well. Truly fabulous.
  • shortee426shortee426 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_jewish-weddings_jewish-bandsorchestras?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:399Discussion:e93c2721-fc65-495e-a9e3-ff5b38ee04e7Post:866a663f-9e20-4b6f-b2fc-fcc943022da5">Re: Jewish Bands/Orchestras</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have to second Sally Mitlas, She did my wedding, my brother's wedding and has done synagogue events in our area as well. Truly fabulous.
    Posted by JRenee[/QUOTE]

<div>When I first reached out to her, before I even told her what I was looking for, she says (and I quote) "We do a kick-ass Hora!"</div><div>
    </div><div>SOLD! Haha...all I wanted was a kick-ass Hora.  I told her if I had the budget for it, I would hire a Klezmer band, if only for an hour and she said she can make that happen (well, she'll make it SOUND like it happened).</div>
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards