Jewish Weddings
Options

where could i rent a chuppah in the northern nj / nyc area?

i don't want to make my own chuppah and i don't really want the kind where the bridal party holds the poles

i haven't had any luck finding chuppah rentals, could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

Re: where could i rent a chuppah in the northern nj / nyc area?

• Options
    RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    i'd call local synagogues or jewish community centers.  also, if you are using a florist they usually have one or can make one for you.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In addition to the places mentioned by rachiemoo, you might want to check with rental centers.  When we were looking in Massachusetts, we found this one (which is free-standing) for rent from a rental center for only $80.

• Options
    LBRM_NJLBRM_NJ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most of the florists who do weddings in North Jersey have them.
    Lisa
    The Knot lost my info, but, I've been married since 6/19/05!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Blog - "Helping Make Sense"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, if you are in NJ, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding one from either a synagogue or center, or something really inexpensive from a florist.  If you have time, then I think Levine Judaica or a place or two in the city offers rentals, but it's very difficult to get one when wedding season starts.  I'd Google chuppah rental in NYC - I did that one time and remember seeing something for about $150-300 that was mailed to you and you had to send it back (it may be even easier if you just want the poles).  Still beats going the full florist route, if you don't want to and want to keep costs down.

GL.
  • Options
    lenagluzlenagluz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

2dBride: where did you rent your chuppah from for $80. I am looking and can't seem to find anything in that price-range in MA? Thanks so much!

• Options
    ginalynn82ginalynn82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Blooms of wayne has a really nice one- 973-616-0660
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If anyone is looking for a great chuppah rental/custom sales in the tristate area check out NJ Chuppah by David Alexander http://www.njchuppah.com.  My sister purchased a chuppah from David almost 5 years ago and this past July my fiance and I used that same chuppah for our wedding.  Even though my sister already owned the chuppah, we were able to contract NJ Chuppah came in and cleaned it up for us and set it.  
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice!  I just spoke with David and we are really looking forward to working with him.  Another item checked off our list!

n Response to <a href="http://hudsonvalley.weddings.com/main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_jewish-weddings_could-rent-chuppah-northern-nj-nyc-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:399Discussion:f970c4b1-b24a-4047-a3f6-9406828d7812Post:6164b56f-4402-4c90-b999-a69183dd26b4">Re: where could i rent a chuppah in the northern nj / nyc area?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If anyone is looking for a great chuppah rental/custom sales in the tristate area check out NJ Chuppah by David Alexander <a href="http://www.njchuppah.com" rel="nofollow">http://www.njchuppah.com</a> .  My sister purchased a chuppah from David almost 5 years ago and this past July my fiance and I used that same chuppah for our wedding.  Even though my sister already owned the chuppah, we were able to contract NJ Chuppah came in and cleaned it up for us and set it.  
    Posted by bkabnick[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I would like to recommend that you always use a licensed and insured company for such rental as a chuppah. This company I work with and would highly recommend!

Your Chuppah NY LLC
    646-593-1960
    www.yourchuppahny.com
    yourchuppahny@gmail.com

Congratulations and Best Wishes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards