Texas-San Antonio

Need suggestions for an affordable alterations place?

I bought my dress at Alfred Angelo, and was planning to have my alterations there when I heard from other brides that if I get alterations from another place they would be less expensive. Is this true? How much would I truly save?
And which alterations places would you all recommend?

I'd also like suggestions to where I can buy wedding invitations?

Thank youSmile
"If music be the food of love, play on ..."-William Shakespeare

imageMy Wedding Blog

Re: Need suggestions for an affordable alterations place?

• edited December 2011
    I HIGHLY  recommend perfectly wrapped. I previously posted a message about our experience there, I have copied and pasted it for you. Have a read and go in to see them, I promise they have a lot of options to choose from and will find you the cheapest price possible. .....

Hey ladies! I thought I share a few tips and experiences I had for those of you who are still looking for invitations, thank you cards, programs, accessories, and favors.

Karen with Perfect Wrapped is a doll!

My fiance and I went in looking for our invitations. We had shopped around online, looked through books/ catalogs, and asked a few other places to customize our invitations. We were looking for pocket invitations with the main invitation, the rsvp card, a registration card, and reception card. The cost for 50 invitations ranged from $450-$630, before tax. We did not believe 50 invitations would cost so much!

We walked into Perfectly Wrapped after seeing them at the June bridal fair. They had assured us they did custom invitations (which we were hoping for) and were cheaper then their competitors. And boy were they!

The ladies worked with us for hours to make sure we choose a few invitations that we loved so they could give us multiple options. After picking out 3 invitations they spend the next few days calling their vendors and manufacturers to get us the best price.

Boy did this pay off, we ended up going with a custom wedding invitation and ordered the paper that matches perfectly to our colors and we only spent a little over $250 with taxes (this included having multiple color inks and a swirl design on each of our 4 cards)! What a huge savings.

Because of our great experience we also ended up ordering our ceremony accessories with them. They have EVERYTHING! From the ring bearer pillow and flower girl basket to the unity candle and lazzo and even favors!

One day we went (and after spending about 2 hrs picking out all our accessories) my fiance was ready for lunch. I assured him I would be quick, but to help me out, the ladies informed us that they offered snacks in the back. They had such a cute spread of chips, water, candy, and fruit. How sweet is that!

I invite you ladies to go check them out. I promise they will work hard to save you money and get you exactly what you want.

Good luck Ladies and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Five Star (on Huebner) for last minute alterations and they were very gracious about my time constraint.  They were fairly priced, too. 

I made my own invites very inexpensively with Cardstock, a design puncher, and a computer.  Can't help you with where to purchase them!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I had my dress altered by Mary of Mary's Custom Sewing ((210) 967-9902). She has a little business out of her house, and all work she has is from word of mouth. A very sweet little old lady who is a very good seemstress. She basically redid my dress and built me a train all for just $140. Normal basic alterations I think are only $90 compared to most places that charge like $200. Give her a call. She's really good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards