February 2013 Weddings

6 months!!

Finally at the 6 month mark! Sometimes I get jelly of you ladies with dates earlier in February b/c you are closer to getting married, lol!!

I can't believe how fast time really is going!!!  How are all of your wedding projects coming along??
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: 6 months!!

• I know! I can't believe I'm within the 6 mth mark. I can't wait for the wedding to get here. My wedding planning is going well! We booked our honeymoon last week, so that is another check off the list. My mom is coming down for labor day weekend to help finish up the invitations and go dress shopping for her. I'm kind of at a stand still for planning until then. Not much I can do until closer to the wedding.

How is everything going with your wedding plans Julyet?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I put my foot down and made a list of things we need to work on tonight!! 
    Finalize our guest list
    Finalize our menu
    Finalize invite wording
    Begin our music list - ceremony, entrance, first dance, etc
    Set a date to pick out a tux
    Decide on a wedding favor.

If we can get that all done this evening, it will be a miracle, but it's GOT to get DONE!!!

I realized this morning how behind I am!!  I still don't have a photographer, so hopefully we will find one before the month is over.

I'd love to hear how everyone else is doing too!!

~L
  • Wow, 6 months for me too!

You're not the only one behind, lnf616, I haven't done anything on your list either.  Or a lot of other things for that matter, LOL!  I have my first meeting with a florist tomorrow, to see just how bad it will be before committing to drowning in origami paper.  Besides that, this month we need to:

- find a photog
    - pick our menu and schedule a tasting
    - schedule a tasting with the cake baker, too
    - find a DJ (FI has been emailing down the venue's prefered list, no answers yet)
    - get FMIL's update to the guestlist
    - email dress options to my girls
    - look through the list of vow + ring exchange options from officiant and give her our picks
    - pick a place for our registry, and start zapping!

The last one might be able to wait another month, but wow!  That's a lot to get done!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • GL on all the projects! :) I got my bouquet finally finished and mostly done with my MOH's. :D Pics to come soon. Gotta do my2 BMs, corsages, and bouts still, order/address my invites, officially book the church, book the DJ, start getting the food stuff around, finish counseling, and fold 1000 cranes. @.@ All while seeing if we're staying in Feb13 or moving to March. :/

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • I haven't got much DIY projects since I decided to order my Invitations and with a DW the resort takes care of almost everything!

I really have to sit down and make a realistic list of to-do's to see what decisions need to be made.  I will probably do that next weekend since this weekend I have to study hard.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • YAY! I got a LOT accomplished on my last trip home and right now I'm taking care of wedding transportation and figuring out what odds and ends I need to purchase as far as my reception space goes.

I just put down a deposit for this seating chart that I am in LOVE with! Woohoo! http://www.etsy.com/listing/76796849/seating-directory-on-rustic-vintage
  • HopefulLife: Good luck on the cranes!  I remember meeting a Japanese girl in college that said she liked to make 999 cranes, then give them + one un-folded paper as a gift, so the recipient could make #1,000 and make their own wish!  I also made 2,000 "lucky stars" for FI once, but that took eons!  Don't think I'll be doing that again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mck: That is really pretty. :) We're having open seating so no need for a seating chart.

Amo: Thanks. It takes a ton of work, especially when you're cutting some of the squares out of wrapping paper. />.< I've got about 250 so I'm getting there. I think I'll do better when fi goes back to school and can't bug me about them. :p

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • I must admit we did a great job last night

Finalize our guest list - DONE
    Finalize our menu - DONE
    Finalize invite wording - DONE
    Begin our music list - ceremony, entrance, first dance, etc - Halfway there!!!
    Set a date to pick out a tux - GOING TODAY!!!
    Decide on a wedding favor. - CHECK!!  We are going with personalized decks of cards!!

I feel like I'm finally getting the ball rolling on these things!!  Being accountable here helps tons!!
    Thanks Ladies!!!
  • I need an officiant. I don't know why I put this off til last. Other than that, my big tasks for next month are to draw up my wedding day timeline, and figure out the pre-wedding part of the day (where I'm getting ready, hair appts, where we're taking pictures, if I need a limo, etc), and finally mail my save-the-dates. I think I might order my invitations soonish, but i'm not mailing them til late Dec, so I don't know.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had a super productive wedding craft weekend. I was able to decorate hat boxes for the favors and our quilt squares. I spruced up our toasting flutes and cake serving set. I cut out with my cricut, stamped, and tied on 120 tags on the favor bags. We found our fabric for the quilt guestbook.

I booked a boudoir shoot, trial hair for bridal portraits, makeup for bridal portraits, the actual bridal portraits. I've started looking into hotel blocks. My mom has an appointment to look at MOB dresses this weekend. I ordered tumblers as part of the BMs gifts.

Sometime this month we're having a craft night to decorate mason jars, make hair accessories, and make jewelry for me and my BMs.

All of this stuff done and yet there's still so much to do lol
    Best of luck to you and yours!

Feb 22, 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards