February 2013 Weddings

How far in advance...

Did you interview and book your vendors? I know we still have 10+ months but I want to get as much done as possible.

Vendors such as..

Cake? 
DJ?
Florist? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How far in advance...

• I'm such a type-A bride, so thus far I've booked my venue, DJ, ceremony musicians, cake, caterers, hotel room block, photographer, makeup & hair, and ceremony officiant. In a month I'm meeting with a florist I've been talking to and most likely will sign on with her as well. Exciting!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_how-far-in-advance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:60582957-9263-4d2c-8180-81b3415bc8fePost:3fc9f44c-1621-40e0-9f1a-66af6ed8f938">Re: How far in advance...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm such a type-A bride, so thus far I've booked my venue, DJ, ceremony musicians, cake, caterers, hotel room block, photographer, makeup & hair, and ceremony officiant. In a month I'm meeting with a florist I've been talking to and most likely will sign on with her as well. Exciting!
    Posted by mckemowse[/QUOTE]

I have to say the same for myself!  I have my hall, DJ, caterer, cake, ceremony musicians, pastor.  I even have most of my flowers bought (I'm using fake ones) and about half of the centerpiece supplies bought.  My mom is teasing me about having nothing to do for the next 11 months but between workign full time, going to school full time, planning the wedding, doing craft shows and now looking to buy a house I'd rather have wedding things set so it's one less thing to worry about.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited March 2012

I have my officiant (pre-marital conseling in progess), cake (Fi's stepdad), food figured out (DIY), my flowers, my bouquet mostly done, dress (but needs altering), miscellaneous decoration items, paper for my cranes, and I'm gathering my jars for centerpieces and Fi is supposed to be booking the church (for ceremony and reception). :) I agree with Starnern about getting things done now but Fi and I are full-time students doing everything on our own so spreading it out helps. We also know who we'd have for the DJ but are debating on having one.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2013-weddings_how-far-in-advance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3a41aca6-a01d-4389-ae9d-4d0ec4c1d0faDiscussion:60582957-9263-4d2c-8180-81b3415bc8fePost:3fc9f44c-1621-40e0-9f1a-66af6ed8f938">Re: How far in advance...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm such a type-A bride, so thus far I've booked my venue, DJ, ceremony musicians, cake, caterers, hotel room block, photographer, makeup & hair, and ceremony officiant. In a month I'm meeting with a florist I've been talking to and most likely will sign on with her as well. Exciting!
    Posted by mckemowse[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way! We have booked the church and officiant, the reception venue, DJ, cake, caterers, and the person doing everyone's hair. I am in the process of booking the photographer and florist. Plus I have been DIYing a few things here and there. Everything down here books up so fast I have to book early or miss out!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow! I thought I was ahead of the game, but you ladies make me feel like a slacker.
    We've got the photographer booked, have the venue contract in hand (but need to read & sign), bakery picked but need to order cake, flower girl dress bought and I have my dress (but need alterations).  We still need bouquets/bouts/corsages, officiant, his suit, BM dresses, ceremony music, and to decide what to do with the rest of the day because our wedding will be over by 5pm.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • My fiance and I got engaged in August and we started getting some things together shortly after, but started really planning in January. We have our venue-same place for both ceremony and reception, officiant, and photographer. Oh and I have my dress already. Our venue includes dj, cater, wedding planner, and everything we need such as tables, chairs, linens, candy holds, lights and flower decorations, etc. We still need to book our videographer, florist, and baker. I wanted to make sure we got what we wanted, so we booked early. In January, the venue we wanted only had a few dates left already.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We've got some little stuff done but big vendor wise we have the venue, photographer, cake, and caterer booked. Were working on an officiant now and then DJ. After that, I think our main vendors will be alcohol and flowers.
    Best of luck to you and yours!

Feb 22, 2013
  • I could not wait to get everything started. I have the venue, reception hall, dj, and in talks with florists and photographers. I want to start looking at cakes already too! I may not have much to do for the rest of the year but i'm fine with that! Like "starnern" I am a full time student and worker. I'm also going to be relocating right after the wedding 1000 miles away since the fiance is in the airforce. So i'd much rather be done with all of the planning and be able to relax when it comes down to the end of the year instead of running around like crazy. I say get it done early if you want to and that way you can take it easy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards