February 2013 Weddings
Options

Bad day (need to vent a bit)

I took my kitten (okay he's a year and a half, but he's still my baby) to the vet yesterday. I am a vet tech, so I took him with me to work. He was sedated so that routine lab work could be run and we shaved his fur. He is a long hair cat and gets really bad hair balls and gets mats easily. We also put Soft Paws on him, which are rubber nail caps that are a nice alternative to declawing. I called my fiance when I was in the drive way of my complex to come out and help me get my cat and my stuff in the house. My cat makes himself sick when he is in the carrier, so since he was a kitten we have just used a harness and leash for when he is going to the vet. Well my fiance went to grab him off my lab, but instead just let him jump on the ground. He then ran under my door, so I couldn't see him (I still had the leash) and i felt the leash jerk. My fiance just stood there until I asked him if our cat was getting out of the harness. He said yes and just continued to stand there. I had to yell at fiance to do something. By the time I could get out of the car and my fiance actually started moving, our cat had taken off. There is a wash behind out apartment. He took off around the house and into the wash. We looked for an hour until it was too dark and we headed home. We drove around for a few more hours, but no luck. This morning we got up at day break, drove around, went down in the wash and then made flyers to hang up and hand out to vets in the area. No luck so far. I'm hoping that someone will see that he is shaved and has bright pink front claws (we ran out of his and had to use my female cats Soft Paws) and realize that he is not a stray or outdoor cat. I am so frustrated with my fiance right now though. I just can't believe he didn't react sooner. I'm really afraid for my cat because those caps on his nails make him unable to fight back well if anything comes after him. And there are wild animals that use the washes around her for passageways. They use the ones behind my house too even though I'm in the middle of the city. There are coyotes, javalinas and other stray dogs and cats. I just need thoughts and prayers right now that we find him soon
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bad day (need to vent a bit)

• Options
    :( T&Ps for your kitty to return to you safely.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    There is nothing more terrifying than losing your pet!! They are most definitely our babies. I'd be furious at my fiance too if he didn't react in time for our puppy Callie. I hope you find him soon!!
  • Options
    I am so sorry about your kitty!  One thing I will say, though, is that they are really good at finding their ways home.  When I last moved, my little guy went outside and disappeared for a week and a half.  I don't know how they do it, but I am sure that he'll do his very best to get back to you.
  • Options
    Awww, T&P for your kitty!

I remember when my mom's littlest kitty got out, and we couldn't find her for days, in a housing complex with a lot of loose dogs.  We were so worried.  We put up flyers and a day later we got a call from a neighbor that had found her right away and took her in (she liked to rip her collar off, so neighbor though she was a stray).  So, you never know, your little guy could be curled up on someone's warm rug, waiting for them to see the flyer and call you to take him home :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no! I'm so sad for you! My cats are my babies too and I understand how anxious you can be that your kitten is out right now. As other people said, there are good chance that somebody will find or have already found him, and he will be safe back home really soon. I hope you'll find him soon!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your T and P and all your kind words. I really appreciate it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Hope the little guy gets home safely!  Keep us updated!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards