February 2013 Weddings

Suits

I'm having a suit dilemma. I just assumed we'd take the guys shopping and have them all in the same suits. Well The best man informed us he thought they were just wearing a suit they had. I guess I just had never really thought about it.

Would it be ok to just say "wear a black suit, white shirt, and a tie we pick?" Do they need to all have the exact same suit?

I have FH on a mission to find out what exactly the BM's suit looks like. But as long as they are all in a plain black suit would it really matter?
Best of luck to you and yours!

Feb 22, 2013

Re: Suits

• I don't think it does but I'm also the one with bridesmaids in different dresses in different colors. Our BMs are wearing whatever plain, long-sleeved, button-up white shirt with plain black pants and black shoes they have with a vest they are renting ($40) to match the BMs dresses and ties they are buying ($8).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • I think everyone stresses so much about being so matchy.  I am a detail freak, but I think it will be fine. 

Also @ Hopeful Life-I love just vests!  I am also entertaining this idea.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I usually am pretty OCD on matchy but I kinda like the look so far (it's driving Fi up the wall though but he will deal). I gave up the matchy-match when I seen my BMs all in one dress and glad I did now. Fi's uncle (GM) can't come to the wedding so I'll have uneven sides and I'm okay with that.

I seen the vest thing at a church member's wedding and liked it. Plus it's at least a little cheaper for the guys. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • As long as there rhyme or reason, hey, it works! lol  I think the vests are trendy.  I am definitely not traditional and sounds like you are not either.  I love the idea of your BM's being abel to pick their own dress.  I want to the same thing, but my mom is more traditional.  Trying to respect her opinion.  lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you are okay with that I say let it be!  You should ask to see the suits b/c if its a detail that is important to you, you wouldn't want to be blindsided and dislike the look.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We will definitely have to have a little fashion show. I guess I had just never thought about it before so it threw me for a bit of a loop.
    Best of luck to you and yours!

Feb 22, 2013
  • As long as the suits look similar and are actually black (not faded or dark gray) they should look fine. I'm super OCD and we had the guys get new suits but that was mostly because the majority of them needed them anyway. If your other GMs need suits and you have one near you try Jos. A Bank. They were amazing to work with. We got 8 suits for the GMs, FI, and my father ranging in price from $600-$895 for about $1275 during their Buy 1 Get 3 free sale. It was such a good deal! Good luck! Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
    Centerpieces! Feb13 Siggy Challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards