June 2012 Weddings

Catering ????

so ladies, I'm meeting with the first catering company today and I have no experience on what to ask or what to expect other than just the pricing questions. Any suggestions on what i need to make sure to ask........???  Also what is the average everyone is paying per person if you don't mind sharing, I just want to make sure i don't get overcharge. TIA

On my list of questions right now:
Price per person
Are drinks included, if not how much per person and what is included
number of waiters and bartenders needed for our # of guest
menu options
are rentals included in the estimate
is cleaning service available after event

I'm so excited!!!! wish me luck :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Catering ????

• -How early do they prepare the food?
    -How do they keep warm food warm, cold food cold?
    -How many menu options?
    -Hors d'ouevres included?
    -What will the servers/bartenders/staff wear?
    -Will they provide vendor meals?
    -Can you do a tasting?
    -Is there a contract?
    -How much do they need for a deposit?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • when do they need the final count by
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • -price/options for children's meals -price/options for vendor meals -what allergies/special diets can they accommodate? Is there an extra charge? -do they charge a cake cutting fee -is gratuity included in the fee We are paying about $60pp, which includes plated dinner, food during cocktail hour, dessert, iced tea, and lemonade, and rentals.
  • What is their health score? (you don't need to get food poisioning)
    Will they refill the food or once its gone its gone?
    Are you familiar with my wedding site?
    Can we see a copy of the standard contract?
    Do you provide utensils?
    Do you provide linens(my reception site provides all linens except for napkins) why napkins I don't know but I didn't think to ask because who gives chair cover and table linens without napkins??
  • how about a list of things they provide? and do they have the linens (if they provide them, our caterer is) in your colors?
    we got really lucky on this and are only paying about $14/head. We're doing a banquet style dinner (i know how many women think this is totally passe, but my FBIL did this at his wedding last year and it seems to be the way things are done around here) and the caterer is providing the food for dinner, plates, linen napkins, linens for the banquet tables, chafing dishes for the bratwurst we're also having that she isn't making, silverware, coffee, tea, punch,cups, and the silverware and plates for the cake as well as cutting/serving the cake. even at $14 a head, it's still BY FAR the largest expense for the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • When do they require a final headcount?

If you're doing a plated meal, how/when are your guests supposed to provide entree preferences? (e.g. restaurant-style ordering, or does it need to be marked on the response card)

Will they serve the bride & groom first?

If it's buffet style, will they serve the bride and groom or will they let you go first?  Do you get a choice in this matter?

Also if buffet style, how do they manage the guests going to the buffet?

What do they do with leftover food? (Feed waiters, donate, etc.?)

What do servers do when not serving?  (If they sit out back and smoke, that could be gross for your guests; see how they manage their employees)

Will they ask guests first before clearing plates and glasses?  (That's a big complaint I hear, "I got up to say hi to someone and when I got back, my food was gone!")
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • The ladies have covered most of the good questions. We are paying $23 a person for buffet with 2 meats, 2 veggies, salad, bread, cake pop favors, grooms cake and drinks (water, lemonade,tea, and soda). It includes half price for children under 10 and all taxes, tips, and paying workers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards