June 2012 Weddings
Options

Need unconventional invite wording help!

This will be my second wedding

FIs parents are footing the larger part of the bill but purely because they want to, they would have regardless of what my parents were contributing (which isnt much at all, but they have done this before and I dont expect them to do it again!)

Anyway, with the feel of the wedding and all the former, I feel that unconventional wording is what I'd like to go with, just curious if anyone else is using wording that is out of the ordinary?! (and or not including parents names)

I reeeally like something like this...

Sarah M. Soandso
and
Jeffrey R. Soandso

Boy met Girl.

For the rest of the story join us on
June 30, 2012
Celebration will begin at
4 o'clock in the afternoon.

Suchandsuch Park
Shenandoah, Iowa

Festivities will Follow at
5 o'clock in the arfternoon!

yay or nay?! thoughts?!

thanks!

Photobucket
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Need unconventional invite wording help!

• Options
    I wanted wording very close to this! When I polled my family to look over it, they all told me it was really cheesy. Though I loved it. They also thought it didn't fit well with my wedding of black and white elegance, which I guess they are right about.
    If you love it and want to do it, go for it. Maybe you could try to to get invites that reflect it?
    White Knot

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    On the response card, you could put something like
    Come share in our Happily Ever After
    or
    Celebrate a Happy Ending
    White Knot

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_need-unconventional-invite-wording?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:31c717bd-424c-4c70-8111-8aba562b0f81Post:7a5fdccc-5fc6-4654-86d1-0662d9c3e1b4">Re: Need unconventional invite wording help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really like your. I have been married before as well and this is the wording that we are going with. We have experienced love . . . in our parents, our families and friends and now a new love in each other Together with our parents, we Amy Marie ????? and Gregory Thomas ?????? invite you to share with us a celebration of love The ceremony will be held outside at six o'clock in the evening on Saturday, the sixteenth of June Two Thousand and Twelve ?????? ??????? ?????????
    Posted by gregamywedding[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I like yours too!

</div>
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_need-unconventional-invite-wording?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:31c717bd-424c-4c70-8111-8aba562b0f81Post:9a845e8c-e3c8-4525-8b0f-8eb212923c43">Re: Need unconventional invite wording help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]On the response card, you could put something like Come share in our Happily Ever After or Celebrate a Happy Ending
    Posted by lilmiss_34[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Love this idea!! Need to run all this by FI before I think too far lol!
    <div>
    </div><div>

</div></div>
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'd avoid saying "happy ending".... for the people with dirty minds. 

I love the invite wording though.  We are doing something unconventional too.
    FI likes "Hey we are getting married, you should come!"  so we will end up somewhere between that and traditional.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Cute! And your wedding is taking place 3 hours away from where I live now lol
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_need-unconventional-invite-wording?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:31c717bd-424c-4c70-8111-8aba562b0f81Post:10397567-5319-4927-941d-be84ad43d32c">Re: Need unconventional invite wording help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd avoid saying <strong>"happy ending".... for the people with dirty minds.</strong>  I love the invite wording though.  We are doing something unconventional too. FI likes "Hey we are getting married, you should come!"  so we will end up somewhere between that and traditional.
    Posted by Cassandra999[/QUOTE]

Ha ha! I thought the same thing.. but I have a dirty mind :)
  • Options
    LOL!   Well a happy ending is something to be celebrated! hehehe
    White Knot

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_need-unconventional-invite-wording?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:31c717bd-424c-4c70-8111-8aba562b0f81Post:7a5fdccc-5fc6-4654-86d1-0662d9c3e1b4">Re: Need unconventional invite wording help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really like your. I have been married before as well and this is the wording that we are going with. We have experienced love . . . in our parents, our families and friends and now a new love in each other Together with our parents, we Amy Marie ????? and Gregory Thomas ?????? invite you to share with us a celebration of love The ceremony will be held outside at six o'clock in the evening on Saturday, the sixteenth of June Two Thousand and Twelve ?????? ??????? ?????????
    Posted by gregamywedding[/QUOTE]

I love this wording.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards