June 2012 Weddings

2013 bride... Honeymoon rec's?!

congrats to everyone here! I've been lurking here to get some tips from the pros!!! Where did everyone go on their HM ?? How was the weather? What are your reviews??

TIA

Re: 2013 bride... Honeymoon rec's?!

• Anna Maria Island, FL, Sunrise Garden Resort
    Great weather, beautiful island
    Budget friendly! We only spent 2k on our honeymoon, and that was mostly entertainment and dinner out.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We went to the Valentin Imperial Maya in Riviera Maya, Mexico. It was beautiful, even though it rained part of the week. The rain actually kept the temperature down so I was glad for it. We spent around $3500 but we had upgraded our room (two levels higher) and did a BUNCH of excursions- we could have easily done it cheaper. The grounds were beautiful, staff was wonderful and the food was good. 

• We went to Hawaii-Kauai, Maui, and the Big Island. We really loved Kauai and the Big Island-Maui not so much. We had a good time but I wasn't as enamoured with Hawaii as I expected to be. We enjoyed previous trips to Belize and Paris much more.  Also the flight from NYC was brutal.
  • We stayed at Cocos Hotel in Antigua. It was amazing. The food was spectacular (AI) and it's on the most gorgeous beach. You get your own private cottage with a fantastic view. We booked on luxurylink.com. We stayed 8 days and it rained twice each for about 35 seconds.

There's plenty to do on the island if you're interested or if not, just relax.
    June 16, 2012
  • We went to St Maarten. It was nice, but we got the aftermath of Tropical Storm Debbie. Since it's one of the islands that borders the Atlantic the eastern side was rough. If you went, I'd suggest staying on the western or southern part of the island. But if we were to pick a location again we'd pick an island further into the Carribean, like Aruba. We had also thought about Vancouver.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • We went on a 12 day royal Carribean cruise to the Mediterranean. It was fantastic. Good luck with your planning.
  • We went to Cancun Mexico for a week. Spent 3,000 total- including airfare, an all-inclusive resort, and $500 of that was trips out of the resort to do activities like snorkeling and siteseeing. It was gorgeous, great weather, and the all-inclusive package is the way to go. We got a free room upgrade through our travel agent for being on our honeymoon, and there were lots of activities for free at the resort.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We went to Antigua.  We stayed at Sandals (all inclusive).  It was wonderful.  The food was great, the beach was beautiful and the resort was awesome.  Almost everyone there was on their honeymoon, which was pretty cool.  It was an amazing trip.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We went to Guatemala.  The weather there was beautiful.  It was the rainy season but it really only rained at night and early morning.  Best food I've ever eaten in my life (and I've traveled to many places), amazing views from many areas, lots to do, very nice locals, and budget friendly (about $3k for a week including flights, hotel, food, and excursions).
  • We went to Majestic Elegance in P*nta Cana, Dominican Republic.  The weather was perfect!  We had 2 days of like a 5 minute sun shower but nobody even moved off the beach.  One morning we woke up to rain but it cleared quickly.  It was all-inclusive and we absolutely loved it!
    Anniversary
  • wow! thanks everyone so muchh! This is suchh a big decision! cant waitt to to some research on some of your suggestions! thankss oh so much
  • Disney World! It was amazing and the weather was gorgeous beyond a few quick showers that are typical for Florida but they were gone in no time.

Good luck with your planning!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_2013-bride-honeymoon-recs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:3406e267-09d6-4db3-bcff-37b2e97c6118Post:aaf453f7-d3d3-4969-8a7d-9a977e3ae76b">Re: 2013 bride... Honeymoon rec's?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We went to the Valentin Imperial Maya in Riviera Maya, Mexico. It was beautiful, even though it rained part of the week. The rain actually kept the temperature down so I was glad for it. We spent around $3500 but we had upgraded our room (two levels higher) and did a BUNCH of excursions- we could have easily done it cheaper. The grounds were beautiful, staff was wonderful and the food was good. 
    Posted by MoonlightSilver[/QUOTE]

We stayed at the Valentin Imperial Maya too and LOVED it! Even though it was pouring rain for 3 days out of the week we were there we there was still so much to do with the excursions. And the food was amazing - much better than any other all inclusive I've even been too. We can't wait to go back and are thinking about going for a shorter trip there for our anniversary.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Costa Rica. 
    We stayed in the Guanacaste region (Pacific coast) since June is the beginning of "green" season (ie: rainy season) and that is the dryest region in Costa Rica.  It rained the afternoon we got there, and a few evenings, but nothing that affected our enjoying the outdoors. We chose it because it was on both our lists, flights were not too long, prices were reasonable, and it's out of the hurricane region. I cant wait to go back. It's a beautiful country, friendly culture, and so much to do. Beaches are extraordinary (serious surfing too). Aside from just enjoying the beach and pools at the exquisite resorts, we went horseback riding and ziplining, took a yoga class, and checked out some of the local culture. Food was amazing. Out first hotel was P*nta Islita which was like paradise -- built into a cliff overlooking the jungle with a view of the beach.
  • kipnuskipnus member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    We spent two weeks in the Mayan Riviera for about $4000. You can read my detailed review of our resort and area here:  http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g150812-d811329-r134245153-Grand_Sunset_Princess_All_Suites_Resort_Spa-Playa_del_Carmen_Yucatan_Peninsula.html
  • We went to Secrets St James in Montego Bay Jamaica. It was an amazing time. Highly recommend the Secrets resorts, adults only all inclusive. Weather was amazing, rained once for about an hour the entire time we were there. I was only about a 20 minute ride from the airport, and you could see planes coming in if you were looking, but there wasn't any airplane noise.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • check out cheapcaribbean.com - they have a lot of great deals. We went to Montego Bay, Jamaica for 7 days, 6 nights all inclusive (food, alcohol, everything!) including airfare for alittle over 1800...amazing deals!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We went to Ireland! It was a little pricey for the entire thing BUT SO WORTH IT!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Key West! It was awesome.   I would recommend but only if you guys like to drink since there are a lot of bars. but even if you don't, its great.  So relaxed.  i want to go back.  We ate a lot of food, hung out at the pool, did the adventure boat trip, tours.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards