June 2012 Weddings
Options

New to the June wedding board

Hi ladies!

I am new to the June wedding board, my FI and I are getting married June 10th in Scranton, PA (his hometown).  Catholic church, traditional Catholic mass (Although I am not Catholic).

I just wanted to say that after reading only a few posts from this wedding board this really seems more like a community of very nice ladies and I am very eager to get involved, meet people, and find out some tips!!

Best of Luck to everyone!!

HH
Wedding Countdown Ticker "A wedding is a day, a marriage is a lifetime"

Re: New to the June wedding board

• Options
    Welcome! Feel free to tell us a little about you, your FI, and your plans!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Welcome! We are a great group of ladies who love pics so please feel free to share any of your wedding planning
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yay glad to hear everyone is so welcoming, I have posted on other boards in the knot community and sometimes they are just straight up nasty!!!

My FI and I are currently living in Virginia (Olde Towne Portsmouth) but are getting married in Scranton, PA in the Catholic church he grew up in.  I grew up about an hour away from Scranton and we both have most of our family and friends between Scranton and Philly.

My colors are silver and Lavender and I have a long strapless lace gown.  I have 2 BM and my sister is the MOH.  My Mothers friend's daughter is the FG and my nephew is the RB.

We are going to Santorini (Greek Island off athens)  for our honeymoon for two weeks.

My FI is not into the wedding planning thing at all but I am (sometimes) as I went to school for tourism and hospitality, ended up managing a restaurant and did tons of wedding receptions and wedding related events.

Also, it is SOOOO nice to share things about my wedding, my FI doesn't like to talk about it and we just moved down here a few months ago so I don't really have anyone to talk to about it.

Thanks for listening!!!
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats!!!! I love your colors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ugh my computer is messed up so this is the third time trying to type this.

Are you inviting Micheal Scott to the wedding?!

Couldn't resist.  Welcome to the board and happy planning!
  • Options
    HAHAH I love the office but Jeff hates it cause he says that it is not representative of Scranton lol!!!

Thanks Bluivory, We are incorparating lavender a lot in the theme too.  For example, we have invitations that have pressed lavender in them and we are going to use fresh lavender sprigs in my bouquet.  There is a lavender farm about 40 mins away and if they have their crop harvested in time, I am going to get some lavender to toss after the ceremony (if we are allowed!).  I was also thinking about putting a sprig in the champagne toast like this

Do any of you ladies have cake toppers yet?  I want this one as I have a serious obsession with Hello Kitty and my FI actually said it was okay!!!  Promised Jeff it would be the only HK apperance at the wedding!!!

• Options
    Oooh that sounds fabulous! Love the colors and I am so jealous that you are going to Santorini. Welcome!  Can you post a pic of your dress?
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    Welcome!! You've got so much done! Can't wait to see any pics and hear more about your plans! :) And sooo jealous of your Greek honeymoon! That sounds amazing!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Welcome! DO you have a pic of your dress?
  • Options
    Sure here is a link to the dress, I don't have it downloaded so I will just post the link.  Got it at that awesome sale price!!!  I am sure alterations will be hell though due to the crazy amount of detail and plus because I had to get it a size bigger due to my chest size.  That is why I am glad we were able to save on the price!

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Strapless-sweetheart-beaded-lace-trumpet-with-shirred-tulle-bodi_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Trend-Lace 

We tried to get a lot done because we live so far away plus I am compulsive about details lol.  I thought it would be way easier to get things done earlier rather than later as things are sure to book up in the small town quickly and plus we have limited availability to get up there especially in the winter due to weather.

Here is a link to where we are staying in Santorini

• Options
    Welcome to the board!
  • Options
    Welcome!  Your colors are lovely - mine are plum and gold, not too far off! :)

The sprig of lavender in the champagne glasses is BEAUTIFUL!  I hope you get the chance to do that!
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    ETA: The dress I picked was the first one I fell in love with, the first one I wanted to try on, and after I did I wanted to be done but my mother told me to try at least a few more on just for fun and to see them
  • Options
    Your dress is GORGEOUS!! I LOVE it!! Will you wear a veil?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_new-june-wedding-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:3e29aa4d-bb92-4519-a602-07e3f92b98d3Post:b43030ad-adcb-4567-8901-514888d07deb">Re: New to the June wedding board</a>:
    [QUOTE]ETA: The dress I picked was the first one I fell in love with, the first one I wanted to try on, and after I did I wanted to be done but my mother told me to try at least a few more on just for fun and to see them
    Posted by Hilraythebride[/QUOTE]

<div>I tried on two, quit while I was ahead.  The dress I got was not what I had in mind at all! Beautiful dress!</div>
  • Options
    Welcome to the board!
  • Options
    oh man i LOVE your dress!
  • Options
    Welcome to the board!! Your dress is gorgeous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 309 Invited so far!
    image 142 Are ready to party!
    image 125 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are driving me crazy!
  • Options
    Your dress is beautiful! And your honeymoon sounds great! FI and I were thinking of Greece, but decided to spend more time in Italy instead. I definitely want to go to Greece one day, though. It looks so beautiful!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Thanks for all the wonderful comments about the dress, I am wearing a viel(well actaully two, read on) I am wearing a catherdral or is it chapel can't remember but anyway its the really long one that goes all the way behind your train.  Like the one in the picture.  I ended up getting two because I found a place that had really resonable prices.  The problem was that the viel did not have a blusher on it and I reallly wanted that so I got another viel and was told I can either have them take it apart and sew it on the other viel or I can just wear both.  I tried both combs on at the same time and it wasn't bad at all like I thought. and I may keep them seperate to get a different look for wedding pictures and then wear the shorter one at the reception.

Anyone planning to wear their viel at the reception?  I figure you only get to wear it for one day so might as well live it up!!!

Also, I purchased a second wedding dress (NOT AT ALL EXPENSIVE or elaborate) it is short, tea length and plain white.  I figured it would be for the bridal shower and rehersal and dinner and since it doesn't need any alterations it will be perfect.  Has anyone else done anything like this?  I am not one to wear white often so I want to take full advantage of the opportunity!
  • Options
    I love your dress!! Your HM sounds amazing.
  • Options
    Welcome to the board your dress is beautiful
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Whoo Hoo! Virginia!

I've spent quite a few evenings at the pavilion at concerts.  :)
  • Options
    Welcome to the board and congrats!! My dress designer is Oleg Cassini too!!! I'm wearing a veil too because I feel the same way you do, since I can only wear my veil once I'm going to wear the sucka all night!!! Your dress is gorgeous. I will kindly pack myself in your suitcase and join you on the honeymoon. 
  • Options
    Welcome!

It's tough getting married in a differen state, isn't it? We live in NY but are getting married in Ohio for similar reasons to yours. Your dress is beautiful.

Tell me more about this Santorini HM. I'm obsessed with the idea of Greek Isles for my HM. At first I wanted a cruise, but those don't sound very relaxing. That place looks fabulous.
  • Options
    kaitlyn, getting married in a different state is hard!  We are trying well I am trying (lol) to set up all our appointments and such when we are going up there for the weekend for events such as the bridal shower so we don't have to take multiple trips.  It gets really expensive and time consuming!  I also kind of think it is a blessing in disguise because it forced us to do a lot of our planning earlier when we were living 2 hours from where we are getting married.  Also because I can't really obsess over the details as much.

Now onto the HM!  I wanted to go somewhere somewhat cookie cutter honeymoon like Jamaica or St.Martin and stay at a sandels.  Anytime I brought it up he has said he wants to go somewhere where he HASN"T been which proved to be more of a challenfe.  He has been all over the place with his parents and they have sailed to many of the locations making a sandels honeymoon pale in comparision to his previous ventures!

I have been a few places but no where super island resort (I have been the UK and Australia).  Since he has been so good about letting me have what I want for the wedding I figured the honeymoon would be his things.  I know it would be awesome in the end and his only stipulation was that it had to be somewhere WARM!  He came up with Santorini after talking to his dad about his favorite vacation ever.  We watched a sappy 80s movie based in Santorini and I immediately because obsessed with it!  I am so captured by the thought that this place has been occupied for hundreds and hundreds of years with these awesome cave dwellings!!!  

We both wanted to stay somewhere a little off the beaten patch and a little quiet because after all it is our HM!  We chose Imerovigli which is within waling distance to the exciting capital of Fira.  The island is pretty small in comparision to almost anything and we figure we will be adventorous and enjoy walking places and take public transportation places instead of renting a car.

We decided to stay at Nefeli homes (website is www.nefelihomes.gr ) because it was at the upper end of our price range so we got the lest expensive room, we are only sleeping there anyway!! But the resort has awesome balconies attached to each room facing the caldera, awesome balconies and terraces with a pool and communal dining area.  We figured we would rather stay in the least expensive room at a nicer resort than the most expensive at a not so nice one.

As for what we are going to do we really haven't planned it, I am usually a planning person but am doing so much with the wedding I just want to enjoy our time together and figure it out as we go.  There is honesltly not too much information about the place either, and if there is I have prolly read it!  I have been reading a lot of things about vineyards and art galleries and the like but we don't really want to do anyting too touristy and since we are staying there for 2 weeks we figure we will be able to see almost everything we like.  We may do some island hopping depending on the prices for everything but for now I am just in total bliss waiting for the wedding and honeymoon to arrive.

haha sorry its so long!! end rant!
  • Options
    Welcome! Everything looks and sounds great! I am having a bunch of different colors, but lavender and silver are two of them. I haven't been to Santorini, but I have been to Greece and I loved it! I hope to go to Santorini one day. I haven't gotten it yet, but I've been looking into getting a short wedding dress to wear for the rehearsal dinner. I want it to be the opposite of my wedding gown; my gown is a big ballgown, champagne, satin with rhinestones and satin flowers, and I want my RD dress to be white, short, fun, and lace...so I can get the best of both worlds! =)
  • Options
    Welcome to the board! I'm planning a PA wedding (Lancaster) from New York, so I feel your pain :)
  • Options
    Welcome! Your dress is beautiful and I'm so jealous that you've been to Australia!!! I want to go so bad!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards