June 2012 Weddings
Options

Engagement called off.

13»

Re: Engagement called off.

• Options
    Just got caught up with this thread Shannon. I agree with everyone else. You are not tainted or a statistic. You are smart, brave and doing the best thing for you. <3
  • Options
    How did he react if you don't mind me asking? Besides going out & getting drunk (unless that was beforehand)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about this. I wish you the best of luck.  Things will be ok
  • Options
    I'm really proud of you!!
    most women I know would give a guy third, forth and fifth chances then just marry him anyway expecting butterflies and rainbows (and end up with misery/divorce/courts/etc.)

June 2012 Brides

Planning Bio
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_engagement-called-off-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:55742e72-49aa-48bc-92aa-498823b2c0bfPost:ff572e72-b337-4165-ae4d-735ac8882ef8">Re: Engagement called off.</a>:
    [QUOTE]How did he react if you don't mind me asking? Besides going out & getting drunk (unless that was beforehand)
    Posted by sweetcanadian1979[/QUOTE]

It's something we had talked/fought about a lot before.  His financial situation/choices were always causing stress in our relationship.  Most things were great, but obviously money is a huge issue to not see eye to eye with.

From what I understand, he has been going around telling people it was my decision but that it is for the best.  Yesterday he wrote something on my wall that basically said "I'm sorry it ended like this but I can't give you what you deserve."  Truthfully, if he meant that he would have texted me, but the fact that he wrote it for everyone to see makes me realize he wants other people to see that and it's not really for me...if that makes sense.

I definitely know he is hurting, as am I, but I bet part of him is probably relieved that I won't be nagging him about money anymore.  He is free to do as he pleases and if he wants to collect unemployment and be a bum he can.  Sorry, that's the best I can answer that. 
    imageimage
  • Options
    i am praying for you. you are not a statistic, you are a strong woman and i think you did the right thing getting out now. keep in touch

June2012 Siggy for March:Honeymoon in Panama City Beach
    image 288 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 34 Will be missing out!
    image 206 Are MIA!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    awwww. I hope you will be able to come around in the future once things settle a bit & you are not so hurt to let us all know how things are going.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards