Washington-Seattle

Thoughts about morning weddings (11am-)

Has anyone had a morning wedding? We are having our on a Sunday morning (11am to about 4pm) and I am thinking of ideas on how to make the wedding interesting and get people to the dance floor!

Re: Thoughts about morning weddings (11am-)

• edited December 2011
    Lots and lots of mimosas!  Wink

I haven't been to one, but one of FI's friend's mom was remarried recently and did a Sunday brunch wedding......and I am pretty sure that is how they did it. haha. Lots of booze!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • reebsreebsreebsreebs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hire a great DJ and have him say "now join bride and groom on the dance floor" people will.

Also, make sure you can control the lights, if you can block the windows and make it semi-dark more people will dance.
  • mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a morning/early afternoon wedding last year, and as long as you have lots of booze and good music, people will dance.  Maybe you  and your FI and your WP could start dancing and encourage others to join on the dance floor.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • liamahalliamahal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a morning/early afternoon wedding, too.  I sent out an electronic survey to my guests asking for song ideas.  So hopefully, this will help in livening up the party.
    {8.20.10 - Married} {11.12.11 - Wedding}
  • YodaIsGreenYodaIsGreen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thankfully we are having an open bar!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards