June 2012 Weddings

Therapy Thursday 5/31

Normally I would wait until someone else created the daily post but I reallllllllllllllllly need to vent about my FMIL so I started one!!!

My FMIL and I don't see eye to eye but she's realllllllllllllllllly clingy to FI so I try to just smile and be nice (I don't need/want family drama). However, she told me the other day that she got her dress for the wedding and that it was black & white.

At first I was a bit taken aback that she was wearing a dress with white in it. Then I took a minute and tried to not be a Bridezilla. I figured that it was probably just a bit of a white pattern, no big deal.

And THEN I went to her house last night and she showed me the dress and it's WHITE with minor black detailing. I tried to make a joke about it but she could tell how pissed I was (I think steam was coming out of my eyeballs!!!).

I don't know if I should make a big deal of it or let it roll off my shoulders but I HAD to vent to you ladies!!

image Cheering on Xan921 & akcrrr (congrats!) DX with PCOS - 11/2012 **2000mg Metformin ** DH S/A = "ideal" ** HSG - All Clear In There! **Clomid Cycle next CD3**

Re: Therapy Thursday 5/31

• I understand your frustration - pretty tacky of her.

Keep in mind though that her clothing choices for a wedding reflect poorly on her and not on you in the least, so there's that.

If it's any consolation, my FMIL showed me her dress a few months ago and it's white-ish/ivory-ish with tiny little red flowers sparsely distributed on it. My dress is ivory/champagne. But whatever - I know she can't afford to buy another dress and she already had this one in her closet (and I mean it IS a nice dress) so it never really bothered me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • She's the one that will look silly.

My vent is that there are way too many new girls on here having major melt downs over their wedding. Hello person I've never met, sorry that your FIs vest is straight up orange and not tangerine like you wanted. Get. Over. It.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I wouldn't make a big deal of the dress. What she wears in out of your control and you really just need to focus on you and your wedding. I can understand your frustration but sometimes you have to pick your battles and from the sounds of it, there may be more on the horizon with this woman. Good Luck!
  • I am sick of the rain.  Big time.  I think I have that Seasonal Affective Disorder or whatever it is.  It never stop raining here.  So glad our wedding is OOT.

On a brigher note....leave for Maui 2 weeks today!!!!

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • FMIL asked what I wanted her to wear (I said whatever she wants, I don't care) and she starting crying because the dress she wants to wear is all black and it's "not appropriate for a wedding, but a funeral". She was worried people would think poorly on her. This woman had a serious meltdown and it took me a good two hours to explain to her that black dresses at weddings are acceptable, and I wear them all the time. LBD's are classic and no one will think otherwise. I bet half my female guests will wear them.

I'm having a lot of people start to try and butt in on all the little details now that they're all done.. 'oh, you're doing that?' Why yes, yes I am. I like it, I'm paying for it, it's none of your business. Of course I'm nicer than that, but I swear to God in my mind I'm being a total bridezilla jerk. If I had a dollar for everytime I said (to myself) "It's MY day, I'll do what I want!", we'd have this baby paid for!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday-531?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:6294a467-6318-490d-958d-15196178b05fPost:66a354c8-4502-4652-b46a-2b2a05e3d489">Re: Therapy Thursday 5/31</a>:
    [QUOTE]FMIL asked what I wanted her to wear (I said whatever she wants, I don't care) and she starting crying because the dress she wants to wear is all black and it's "not appropriate for a wedding, but a funeral". She was worried people would think poorly on her. This woman had a serious meltdown and it took me a good two hours to explain to her that black dresses at weddings are acceptable, and I wear them all the time. LBD's are classic and no one will think otherwise. I bet half my female guests will wear them. <strong>I'm having a lot of people start to try and butt in on all the little details now that they're all done</strong>.. 'oh, you're doing that ?' Why yes, yes I am. I like it, I'm paying for it, it's none of your business. Of course I'm nicer than that, but I swear to God in my mind I'm being a total bridezilla jerk. If I had a dollar for everytime I said (to myself) "It's MY day, I'll do what I want!", we'd have this baby paid for!
    Posted by brittneyh4[/QUOTE]

Uggghhhh SO annoying!!! People are doing that to me, too!
    image Cheering on Xan921 & akcrrr (congrats!) DX with PCOS - 11/2012 **2000mg Metformin ** DH S/A = "ideal" ** HSG - All Clear In There! **Clomid Cycle next CD3**
  • I wouldn't worry about your FMIL's dress too much, like PPs said, it will reflect poorly on her not you.  It does suck though, and I'd be pissed too!

I have the typical RSVP vent.  One bridesmaid and my MOH didn't even send theirs in.  My MOH's explanation?  "Well you know we'll be there".  IT IS A PLATED DINNER, I need your response card!  I probably typed out my entree choices like 10 times yesterday when I texted people to get their effing answers and they said yes and asked what the dinner options were.  Go get your invite!  Do you think I have nothing better to do then to type out my entree selections to your lazy ass?  I'M BUSY BIATCHES!

In other news, I seem to have broken out of my crying-over-everything slump, and now I'm either angry at everyone or actually happy.  I'll take it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hate everyone right now.
    Short version is my B-party is this weekend and it's turning into family drama fest.
    Also we have given the final numbers to the venue and paid it off in full and we have now had 3 people say that they aren't coming anymore. I'm going to kill people.
    June 16, 2012
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Today was an aggravating day for me. 

To sum it up:
    -Work was worse than it should have been.  I had a slow client to deal with and a bossy one, a rude customer who didn't like us being there, and the managers where we were suck.
    -My boss from my other job kept texting me while I was working at my other job wanting to change stuff around.  He now wants me to come in a day I'm scheduled with my other job instead of the day I took off to be in the lab.  I hate his crappy organizational skills.
    -My FI and I put our dog down today
    -The governor just cut one of my new job's funding sources so the next few weeks are slow which means less hours so less money for me.  Thanks a-hole.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday-531?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:6294a467-6318-490d-958d-15196178b05fPost:525fdb24-b0b2-4657-81f5-731b0ad2cf72">Re: Therapy Thursday 5/31</a>:
    [QUOTE]Today was an aggravating day for me.  To sum it up: -Work was worse than it should have been.  I had a slow client to deal with and a bossy one, a rude customer who didn't like us being there, and the managers where we were suck. -My boss from my other job kept texting me while I was working at my other job wanting to change stuff around.  He now wants me to come in a day I'm scheduled with my other job instead of the day I took off to be in the lab.  I hate his crappy organizational skills. -<strong>My FI and I put our dog down today</strong> -The governor just cut one of my new job's funding sources so the next few weeks are slow which means less hours so less money for me.  Thanks a-hole.
    Posted by MMRoberts11[/QUOTE]

I'm so sorry to hear this hun - you really don't need more stress in your life. When's your last day at work? It sounds like it's really time for a vacation...
    Vacation White Knot
  • My vent is that I'm so stressed I'm worried I won't be able to enjoy my B-party tomorrow. I'm super stressed, super tired and I just want this wedding to be done and over with.
    Vacation White Knot
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_therapy-thursday-531?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:6294a467-6318-490d-958d-15196178b05fPost:f046240f-907c-46c7-bc57-4f7bee660f43">Re: Therapy Thursday 5/31</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Therapy Thursday 5/31 : I'm so sorry to hear this hun - you really don't need more stress in your life. When's your last day at work? It sounds like it's really time for a vacation...
    Posted by melntaitt[/QUOTE]

My last day of work is June 20th.  I would LOVE a vacation but it's not going to happen until the HM.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards