June 2012 Weddings

HELP! Easy meal suggestions.

FI has already moved into our new apartment and I am back in the old place for another week and a half while I finish up work and school and such.  FI always did the cooking since it's definitely not my forte.  I've been making pasta for the last few nights and would LOVE if anyone had some super easy meal suggestions that don't require a lot of work, ingredients or clean-up.  I'm desperate and will be moving on to Lean Cuisines tomorrow Frown

Most of our kitchen ware is also already packed away.  I've basically got a pot and a pan.  LOL.

Re: HELP! Easy meal suggestions.

• What ingredients to you have to work with?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Depending on what you have available what about wraps?  Get some whole wheat wraps, some cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes.  Then cook up some chicken or steak into strips and maybe some instant rice in there or on the side!  So easy.
    Photobucket
  • You could cook up some type of meat and make a box of rice a roni or somthing. Or have a grilled chicken salad?

If you have a chicken breast. (Thawed) Get out your pan, and spray some non stick spray in it. Olive oil will work also, not a lot, just a little to keep it from sticking. Turn burner on about medium. Cut it into 1/2 inch strips, put in the pan and season with your favorite seasonings. (I like my no salt seasoning, and some itaian spices, and a little bit of garic salt.) Cook that until there is no pink in the middle.

If you make rice a roni, it takes 20 minutes to cook, so start that first and then your chicken. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited April 2011
    Homemade chicken tenders are delish and easy!! I think a while back someone posted their recipe for it but so I'll do a quick and dirty version...

Chicken cut into 1.5"ish strips
    corn flakes (crushed up in a gallon sized plastic bag)
    an egg
    flour
    and an oven

grab two small bowls, one with some flour (1 cup should be more than enough, i just guesstimate) and the other with the egg which you wisk up.  then dip your chicken into the flour, then into the egg and drop in your baggie of crushed up corn flakes.  once you have several pieces of chicken in the bag, shake it for a while until they are coated with flakes and place them on a baking sheet.  once you've done that with all your chicken, pop them in your oven that was preheated to 375 and let em bake for 30 minutes or so.  my oven on campus is terrible so you might want to watch them and adjust accordingly. you can throw the bag away and throw the bowls in the dishwasher!

Also if you like fish- get some mild white fish, tilapia is my favorite, put a couple pieces of butter around it and bake at 350 for 20 minutes, it should crisp up a bit and is tasteyyyy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • lindseyann410lindseyann410 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    My FI recently made this, and it was super good and easy:

Italian bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, chicken, and butter.
    combine bread crumbs and cheese, coat chicken in melted butter, coat in the crumbs, and bake! super easy!

I recently made this because I was in desperate need to go to the grocery store, but haven't had time:

Cook frozen cheese ravioli, drain, put olive oil or balsamic vinegar in a frying pan, heat.  Add cooked ravioli.  Add herbs and spices (I just used Italian seasoning)  and parmesan cheese.  As it fries, the cheese crisps up.  So good, and so fast!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I've been making this lemon-butter garlic sauce, and I'm obsessed with it.  Last night I made it with rice and chicken.  I just cut up some chicken breasts into bite sized chunks, sauted it quickly in a little butter.  Meanwhile the rice is cooking.  Then I melted 4 tbs butter, added 3 tbs lemon juice, and a bunch of garlic chopped up (the recipe I used said 3 cloves, but I put in more).

Last night I threw in one of those steamers bags of vegetables that I steamed in the microwave and then put the chicken, sauce, and rice all together and topped it with a bunch of parmesan cheese.  It was really good! Sometimes I make it with tilapia too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI and I do stir fry a lot, there are a lot of mixed veggies you can buy frozen for stir-fries, just fry them up with a little chicken, or alone, and add some teriyaki sauce from the marinade section :)  We usually make some rice to go with it, too.  Really quick and easy, just watch your veggies to make sure they don't overcook!
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • julbgordojulbgordo member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2011
    Thanks ladies!!! Now I'm hungry.  LOL.

P.S. They all sound delicious.  Now it's just a matter of finding that darn motivation.
  • http://www.cookinglight.com/food/quick-healthy/easy-chicken-recipes-00412000068136/

This website has 100 easy and healthy chicken receipes. You should look through there and find some to try. I haven't had a chance to sit down and look through it, but I'm planning on it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards