June 2012 Weddings

I'm Married...wedding recap

I got married yesterday and couldn't have asked for better weather.
I unfortunately don't have any photos yet to share though. All the major/important stuff went well.

There's a few thing that didn't work out and the reason it bothers me is because I worked so hard at this wedding. I thought my cookie bar would be a hit but I have a lot of leftovers, I also made cupcakes which very few got eaten and our late night sandwiches and pizza was a bit of a waste. No one ate the wedding cake either which is annoying cause I can't freeze all of that cake. Today we are nursing our hangovers and will be leaving tomorrow morning so we will not be having people over to help us with the food.

Another thing that was wasteful was our programs, they were suppose to be on a table outside but was left inside so not very many people saw them. My advice cards that had a mad lib and predict our future cards were not a hit either. I realize these are minor things, but like I said I put some much effort into this wedding and to see all that get wasted kinda sucks.

Onre more thing, everyone always says the day goes by so fast and is kinda like a blur but for me it felt slow (in a good way) and I was able to take it all in and had a couple of down times so I could relax before the ceremony.

Overall it was very nice.
Planning Bio Updated June 12/12 Lots of Wedding DIY Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I'm Married...wedding recap

• I'm glad your day went well.  I think all of us are going to have things that didn't go as planned.  Try to focus on al the good things about the day!
    Anniversary BFP: 3/5/13 EDD: 11/14/13 BabyFruit Ticker
  • lindseyann410lindseyann410 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Aww, I'm sorry that it felt like some of your great ideas went to waste.  I can totally understand how that would suck.  Especially the cookie bar and late night snacks, which sound really yummy!  

Some people are just so used to traditional weddings that they don't "get" anything different or understand how something new works.  I'm a bit worried about this happening with some of the more unique things at my wedidng as well. 

It sounds like a great wedding, and it's nice to hear that you were able to actually have time to enjoy it!  Congrats!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Hmm I agree with Lindsey that people may just have been confused, although personally I would have been all over that cookie bar!  I'm glad you had time to enjoy the day and that you realize that overall it was great :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It sounds awesome.  I think one thing is that you are upset that people didn't eat TOO much of your three different dessert options and extra food for midnight snacks.  I think what that tells me is that your entrees were very good, people filled up and just weren't hungry!  You offered some awesome dining options to your guests and were a great host.  Great hosts ALWAYS have leftovers of everything.
  • I'm glad to hear you were able to sit back & enjoy it.  Everyone says how fast it goes by & I hope I get to experience it like you - slow...  I cant wait 5 days to go!
  • So glad that overall it went well!! I'm also glad your day went slow. We were praying our's would too! We really were determined to live in the moment and enjoy ourselves. We also decided to stick by each other all day no matter what. It worked out well!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards