June 2012 Weddings
Options

Inexperienced Officiant

Hello ladies! So, I found someone to officiate my wedding for me. She is the manager of the branch I previously worked at before I got promoted. The reason I decided to ask her is because she is just a sweet, sweet person and I wanted it to be someone we knew so that there was more of a connection and also comfort in the ceremony. She agreed to do it, however, she has never done this before and has a bit of a public speaking phobia. So, I have been trying to find a script for her that is short but meaningful. Neither me, nor my fiance are religious, so we don't want this to involve any religious views. I've found the vows I would like us to use. Here they are:

(Name), I love you. You are my best friend. Today I give myself to you in marriage. I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle.
I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard,
when our love is simple, and when it is an effort. I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard. These things I give to you today, and all the days of our life.

I really like them but I don't know how to begin and then end as far as the officiants speech will go. Would you ladies be willing to help me? Even if you give me a hand as to what goes first, in the middle, and then end? And I can research and find what I like. I'm sure where shes never done it before, she will have a hard time figuring it out as well and since she is doing this as a favor to me, I think it's best if I just give her what I want her to say n she study it instead of trying to have her do the research on her own. Thanks in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
~*Life is not measured by the amount of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away*~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards